Home Non Cigar Related

“This is an ongoing investigation”

Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
Why do they say that? Why do they always get in front of the microphones and say - “This is an ongoing investigation”. Really now? Ya' don't say? Just today, the sh!t just hits the proverbial fan in DC and the first thing I happen to hear out of some law enforcement big shot's mouth is - “This is an ongoing investigation”. Well hell! I would hope you ARE still investigating. Do they think we're too stupid to know that in the real world they can't wrap everything up neatly in one hour like those dumb CSI episodes? Where the hell did they come up with this useless catchphrase anyway?

Comments

• MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Bob, I guess this is an ongoing investigation until your questions are answered...lmao:-) :-) :-)
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    Bob Luken:
    Why do they say that? Why do they always get in front of the microphones and say - “This is an ongoing investigation”. Really now? Ya' don't say? Just today, the sh!t just hits the proverbial fan in DC and the first thing I happen to hear out of some law enforcement big shot's mouth is - “This is an ongoing investigation”. Well hell! I would hope you ARE still investigating. Do they think we're too stupid to know that in the real world they can't wrap everything up neatly in one hour like those dumb CSI episodes? Where the hell did they come up with this useless catchphrase anyway?
    As a former court clerk and continuing public servant I can tell you without a doubt a large portion of the population IS too dumb to figure out the difference between TV and real life. Halfway into the first season I actually wrote a letter to the company that produces CSI telling them how much I hated their show and how hard it made life on justice system (I was a little more hotheaded then). :) Seriously, we had jurors think that we should be doing a $5,000 DNA testing and fingerprinting, for a $50 shop lifting charge AND that the results should be ready in less than a week. Sorry, end of rant. Back to your original statement "This is an ongoing investigation" is one of those things you say to the press when you don't have anything or can't divulge anything of substance but still have to say SOMETHING. The public these days gets nervous if the talking heads stop talking for a few seconds.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    I am going to start an investigation into the investigation of "'Bob's" ongoing investigation. This will be a Blue Ribbon Fact Finding Investigation that will require millions of dollars and countless manhours. I will turn over control of my business to my partner and launch this investigation as soon as the necessery funding is in place. Thank you for your support!
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    onestrangeone:
    I am going to start an investigation into the investigation of "'Bob's" ongoing investigation. This will be a Blue Ribbon Fact Finding Investigation that will require millions of dollars and countless manhours. I will turn over control of my business to my partner and launch this investigation as soon as the necessery funding is in place. Thank you for your support!
    I am also going to assist in this investigation. Please feel comforted that "onestrangeone" and "clearlysuspect" are heading up this ongoing investigation!
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    clearlysuspect:
    onestrangeone:
    I am also going to assist in this investigation. Please feel comforted that "onestrangeone" and "clearlysuspect" are heading up this ongoing investigation!
    I feel better already!
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Amos Umwhat:
    clearlysuspect:
    onestrangeone:
    I feel better already!
    How about millions of dollars, a few man hours and a bunch of garbledegook results that we cant understand.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Bob Luken:
    Do they think we're too stupid to know that in the real world they can't wrap everything up neatly in one hour like those dumb CSI episodes?

Yes. And, on average, they're right.