Home General Discussion

Best cigars under $2.00

lonniekt1966lonniekt1966 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 78
I saw this on a different site. I've searched for something similar here but no luck but if there is I will delete this. Anyway, I'm fairly new and don't have a lot of funds to spend. I have ordered a # of samplers but I would like to know what gems people have found at dirt cheap prices. I ordered a 20 bundle of FREE CUBA CARONAS at $15.00 and was pleasantly surprised. Even burn, good draw, nice white ash and IMHO a great taste throughout. Exactly what I would call a gem and the price can't be beat.

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Smokes for under $2.00? Seesh that's a tough one. To begin with, I don't really know of any being that cheap. I remember buying a Quorum for $2.50, tasted like steamed socks after it ran a few miles in sewer water.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    At the top of the page, if you click on promotions then clearance, they have a list. But also the Fonseca Arana are good, IMO. Coronas at 20 for $29.95.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    AJ Fresh Rolled, 5 Vegas Gold, other higher priced stuff if you watch sprint sale.
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    I like smaller rings myself. If you are open to a small size, I really like Cohiba pequenos. at 30 for $60.00 you cannot go wrong. They are a good solid smoke and take me about 45 min. or so to smoke. Very good for those times where you don't have the time for a full sized cigar but still want to smoke.
  • lonniekt1966lonniekt1966 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 78
    Actually I prefer larger rings I didn't know at the time what CARONA meant. Learning everyday!!
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    Havent found any under 2 a piece retail. Bid sites and sprintsale has them all the time.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    You can find Diesels for close to the $2 mark sometimes. C.com house blends too.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    Carlos Torano Dominicos can be had for 30 or 40 for a bundle of 20 if you want something on the milder side. AJ Fernandez fresh rolled or the AJ Overruns would be another good option. Pinar del Rio can also be had for very low prices and I would recommend either the sungrown habano or the oscuro. Lots of options out there, you just have to keep your eyes peeled.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    The 5 Vegas classic, Golds, and A series can all be had at 2 bucks or less especially if you watch the sprint sale .... I myself am very fond of the A series and the Cask II which can also be had fairly cheap ..... I think I won some on sprint sale a fiver for 11 bucks. I'd also throw the gran habano 3 sls on there as well.
  • FNAFNA Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 55
    There's plaenty of bundle cigars such as the Free Cuba out there for $1 a piece - in the bundle. (I'm just finishing off a bundle of Free Cuba maduro Churchills that I knocked off for under $1 a stick.)

Just about every catalog/ mail order seller features various brands of $19.95 to $29.95 bundles.

At $15, I'm assuming you bought your bundle at auction. Auctions are a great place to try and find $1 smokes that you would be willing to pay more for (if not retail)

A couple I have liked at the $1 level are the 1876 from CI and here, Holt's Top Hat, Famous Nic 1000 maduro.

A little but higher? heck, at the auctions I've bought plenty of Graycliffs for $2 a piece
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Ones that have been given to me as gifts.

Sarcasm aside, the house blends are about as good as you can get for around $2/stick when bought by the box. Anything else I've enjoyed has been in the $3-$4 range or more, unless it's been some crazy kind of deal. Anything less than that and I find myself qualifying with "for the price". Such as, that wasn't a bad smoke "for the price". Since I smoke to enjoy and for flavor, I'd rather smoke half as much and get a stick I enjoy, period, than one I enjoy "for the price". No real need to feed a nicotine habit here.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Yes, how could i forget about the house blends.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    GH2002 Robusto can be had at big sister's auction site for well under $40 for a mazo of 20.....seen them go for $31 before.
    With a bit of rest, this is a solid cigar.
    The LHC Oscuro Fuerte Toro can be found at under $40/box (20)......again.....with some rest.....a very solid (albeit a strong) cigar.

• MandobroMandobro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 25
    I admit I'm still a newbie, but I found a couple of "budget" sticks I've enjoyed. Liga IV Almirante and Pinar del Rio Fumas. Hope that helps.
  • Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 278
    There are no "best cigars under 2.00" hehe. Honestly anything decent is at least 3 dollars...around here anyways.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    Jasonc1982:
    There are no "best cigars under 2.00" hehe. Honestly anything decent is at least 3 dollars...around here anyways.
    that's pretty accurate....
    I know of a guy, who often gets quality cigars for $2, that you would not believe......a real auction site pro........I'm pretty good at it myself............but this guy!?? Crazy crafty bidder........

here's a short list of cigars I've won at $2 or less, that I'd smoke any day:

GH2002 Robusto
    LHC Oscuro Fuerte Toro
    5Vegas AAA
    ManoWar Ruination Robusto
    Diesel Unlimited DX
    Diesel Unlimited D5
    La Gloria Cubana Serie R #5
    E.P. Carrillo Club 52
    Camacho Corojo Monarca
  • desertsmokedesertsmoke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 16
    There's a new 5 Vegas sampler on the site that's a pretty good deal for $2 a stick, all torpedo sizes: http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=SP-CIGASST250. It has three each of the Classic, Gold, Gold Maduro, High Primings, and Cask Strength. This is a particularly good sampler for someone starting out, because it has a variety of strengths and flavor profiles. I smoked a lot of 5 Vegas when I was first getting into cigars, and I still get the Classic, High Primings, and Cask Strength fairly regularly as solid everyday smokes.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    U pick 2. GH 2002 + Xikar maduro
  • FNAFNA Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 55
    Ah, the Liga VI Almirante. 5 years ago, this was an awful cigar, but 5 years of laying around CI's warehouse has, IMO, greatly improved them.

I have bought quite a few of these at stick prices of .20 to .60 - you really can't go wrong. (That's 5-packs at $1-3)

Don't pull one out after dinner at Le Cirque, but you can pass a few innings during the NBC game of the week.