Home General Discussion

Tonight is the night!

Mpopple6Mpopple6 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10
Third post on this site!  Thank you so much for being so welcoming, it sounds like quite a welcoming bunch of people.

I haven't been able to enjoy a cigar in over a week!!  I have two little kids and when they finally get to bed and me and my wife get a break it's too late and I need to head off to bed!  I cut a Camacho Triple Maduro last night and never got around to burning it.  Tonight I am going to light it up even if it's 1AM!

What are you true thoughts on infused cigars?  Is it sacrilegious to even mention it?

Comments

• curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    I say they suck. But that's just me and you ask. :)
    and enjoy the Camacho!
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    Welcome to the fourm my friend, I am not a fan of the infused sticks that I have tried so far and the only reason I've tried these is that someone gave them to me. Kind of reminded me of boones farm and incense mixed with perfume, I'm not likely to rush out and buy any anytime soon. The Comacho Trip Maddy on the other hand is Goooood stuff!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    I never had a infused cigar...just the smell of them makes me sick! But too each there own...
  • Poopy JonesPoopy Jones Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 357
    Hello and welcome! I've tried infused in the past mostly out of curiosity and some were good, others were a flavor nightmare. The good one was Kuba Maduro btw. The Camacho you are about to have sounds great!! Enjoy and as they say in these parts, get lit son!!!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Never tried one but if offered one I might, maybe...there's too many non infused I need to try before I go that route. Different strokes for different folks!
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    To start, love the Triple Maddy. As far as infused, I know I have said it before, but they are like the junk food/fast food of cigars to me. As in, I know they aren't the best, almost never what I want, but I will be damned if there aren't some times they just sound good. When I do have them, I tend to like the coffee infused.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    Enjoy that triple maddy tonight. Not a huge fan of infused but I could smoke one from time to time.
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    Welcome to the forums. I don't care for infused myself but everyone one is different. If you like them smoke them but I don't even like the smell of them burning myself.
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    Welcome! Your observations about his place are very correct.
    What you will also discover around here is another thought is very prevalent, and that is 'smoke what you enjoy!' If you do that, then perhaps you will get happiness from the cigar hobby. On the same note however, pay attention to the idea, advice and cigars to try, as the fine botls here will help you to find others that you might just enjoy as much or more. Spend time reading, reading and reading the various streams on here. They are well oirganized and very informative. A note though, login FIRST, as then the system will keep track of what you have read as the flags on the posts disappear, only reappearing when there is something new to read.
    As per infused myself...not a fan, however the 3M is a very fine smoke.
    Lastly, many of us have been, or are presently in the same situation with our families. Which leads me to my final thought which is also very commonly reminded about, that being 'family first!'
    Enjoy! and again, welcome to the forum!
  • Aficionado_de_PerfectosAficionado_de_Perfectos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 25
    Mpopple6:
    What are you true thoughts on infused cigars?  Is it sacrilegious to even mention it?
    They're far from being my mains, but I occasionally have an infused cigar. I used to like the Gurkha Grand Reserve, but don't think I will be smoking Gurkhas anymore. I've always liked the Maker's Mark cigars by Ted's and I'll turn to that or a handful of other options I've come across when I'm in the mood for a dark liquor infused cigar. I haven't seen one for years, but Oliveros made a good Kelt cognac infused cigar. If you like cream texture, Acid 1400cc is a good infused cigar with just that.
  • Aficionado_de_PerfectosAficionado_de_Perfectos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 25
    jthanatos:
    To start, love the Triple Maddy. As far as infused, I know I have said it before, but they are like the junk food/fast food of cigars to me. As in, I know they aren't the best, almost never what I want, but I will be damned if there aren't some times they just sound good. When I do have them, I tend to like the coffee infused.
    This is one of the best analogies I've seen in a long time. It's spot on perfect and definitely captures exactly how I feel about them too. I hadn't put it to words craftily as you had, but I couldn't agree more.

I'm generally a purist and typically enjoy earthy and generally brown flavor, if you will. Plus, a lot of other "traditionalists" point their nose up when it comes to Drew Estate. But there are definitely times when I feel like an Acid 1400cc for its sweet cream texture. Ambrosias, Islas, and Tabaks are sometimes nice too.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Welcome, DE Red Eye to me is good, but have not tried any of the acid line.
  • KevinFittsKevinFitts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 225
    curtpick:
    I say they suck. But that's just me and you ask. :)
    and enjoy the Camacho!
    Smoking infused cigars is like drinking flavored beer. Some people like it, but I'm with Curtpick on this one!!
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    only one ive had was coffee, l think it was a drew estates, not too bad but less than half way was enough and havent even thought about any other kinds