Home General Discussion

How to Write up a Long Winded Post

CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
I'm sure that a few of you will notice that I tend to wax poetic with some long winded posts and a few have helped me with taking my posts and fix them to where they make even more sense...when I post up everything is put into one paragraph w/o letting me put it into single paragraphs or bullet points to help make things clear. How does one "fix" this...I've gone through about everything about posting up on here but for some reason everything is posted as ONE paragraph...somebody help a brotha out?

Comments

• Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    I'll look up that thread that taught me how and I'll be right back :)

OK here it is plus I bumped the thread too.

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/71003.aspx

Your basic need is a break between lines and here's what I do. I type this . then I hit enter then I hit space and enter again and I type
    again and hit enter then type your next paragraph. This puts one empty line between text that I'm trying to separate. Just like I did above. Not sure how to indent your paragraph's first word but this will get you your separation at least. And if you want you can cut and paste your separation commands.

Oops,......LOL The code does not show up for you to see. Let me work on this.

I tried it several ways but I could not type the command prompt (or whatever it's called) and have it remain on the screen for you to see.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    Just learn to use the line break HTML code.

It is these two characters <> with br in-between them.

If you want to double space do 2 of the <> with the br in the middle
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    brianetz1:
    Just learn to use the line break HTML code.

It is these two characters <> with br in-between them.

If you want to double space do 2 of the <> with the br in the middle
    Ah Ha! THAT's what I TRIED to say.
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    Thx fellas....that will help tons!