Home General Discussion

Who's Left-handed And Who's Right-handed?

Big Fat HereticBig Fat Heretic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 31
OK, I once read an article, many many years ago in a science magazine. Now, about 10% percent of the population is left-handed. But, we lefties make up about 40% percent of heavy smokers. I'm left-handed myself. OK, this is not a scientific survey. I'm just curious to know which one of ya cigar smokin' fools is a lefty or a righty. I've been smoking a pipe and cigars since I was only 19 years old, and I'll be 62 on the 30th of September.

Comments

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    Im right handed... but ambidextrous when i smoke. lol
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    im right handed, but my cigar is always in my left hand...unless im on the phone, then it goes to the right
  • SmokeWISmokeWI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 64
    Lefty and proud of it :)
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
  • Poopy JonesPoopy Jones Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 357
    I'm a righty by nature and I hold my sticks with either hand
  • Bad Daddy RabbitBad Daddy Rabbit Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    The left ones think I'm right, the right ones think i'm wrong!
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    I'm right handed, but my right ear is deaf. Therefore I use the phone with my left hand. I drive with my right hand, so I've learned to smoke holding the cigar in my teeth. Got it? LOL. Seriously, losing hearing in one particular ear takes a bit of an adjustment.
  • Big Fat HereticBig Fat Heretic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 31
    reggie713:
    im right handed, but my cigar is always in my left hand...unless im on the phone, then it goes to the right
    I have my cordless phone on speaker so I can have both hands free while talking. I have the V-tech cordless phone with three handsets. The V-tech use to be advertised on Art Bell's late night radio talk show. Now, it's called, Coast to Coast AM, since Art Bell retired. I use my computer mouse with my right hand while holding my cigar or pipe with my left hand. So, I'm somewhat ambidextrous. Yeah! We lefties have to learn to be ambidextrous, especially since left-handed scissors and can openers are hard to find.
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    I'm righty and I hire awesome midgets to hold my cigars.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    Rightie, but slowly teaching myself to smoke with the left because I can't use a mouse for Sh#t with my left.
  • AVJimAVJim Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 438
    perkinke:
    Rightie, but slowly teaching myself to smoke with the left because I can't use a mouse for Sh#t with my left.
    hahahhahhahhahahhhahhaaa!!! BTW, righty.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    Righty. Also, I have a bluetooth headset that I use to have long phone calls at night while smoking recently. It's great because it's almost like herf'n with out of state friends.
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    Except for writing, I am pretty equal with both hands.
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    Left. I am so left handed I cannot even use scissors!
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    I'm actually ambi dextrous...can use both hands equally to do anything. It was strange but as a kid growing up I was dominant left handed but could see right a way that the world was pretty much right handed so I started using my right hand for everything...which as it turned out made me quite popular in sports because I could bat both ways, and I could pitch left/right which the coaches loved because I could pitch to each batter according to what the coach wanted...left to leftys, right to rightys. A lot of opposing coaches tried to call foul but there isn't any rules that say a pitcher can't use either hand...same with football, golf, tennis, you name it. I can write with both hands but I have better penmanship with left...and of course with cigars I use my left foot to hold my cigars.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Cigary:
    ...and of course with cigars I use my left foot to hold my cigars.
    LOL

I'm right handed,........ in case you're still counting.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    Right handed and left eye dominant........
    OK, so far 12 of ya cigar smokin' fools are right-handed and 6 of us cigar smokin' fools are left handed, and 1 is ambidextrous and I'm not sure about 1 of us.
    So, out of a total of 14 responses, so far, 6 out of 14 of us are left-handed.
    14/6=2.333333
    The reciprocal of 2.333333 or 1/2.3333333=0.42857
    That is approximately 42 or almost 43% percent of us who are left-handed.
    Remember, only about 10% percent of the total population is left-handed.
    So, it appears that we lefties make up about 40 - 43% percent of smokers.

But, I'll still be counting as more of ya post here. So, the polls aren't closed yet.
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    I just got a headache reading all of the math...is that normal? Is that associated with the left or right part of the brain?
  • musicman3musicman3 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 622
    I write, smoke and eat left handed but play sports as a right hander.
    musicman3:
    I write, smoke and eat left handed but play sports as a right hander.

Well, if you write, draw, or paint with your left-hand, then you are mostly left-handed. But if you can do other things with your right hand, then you are ambidextrous, but still, mostly left-handed.
    So, that makes one more lefty.
    That should raise the percentage score to about 43% percent.
    But, I'll wait for more forum posts before making another calculation.
    Remember, this is not a scientific survey. I'm just having some fun here.
    Oh! By the way! I have nick-names for my left and right hand. I call my left-hand Lenny, and my right-hand Ralph, and my fat belly, I call Baby Huey! Right now, Baby Huey is getting a little hungry. So, I'll catch ya gators later!

• beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    If you ask a question about smokers, smokers will respond. If you ask a question about left handed people, left handed people will respond. Most right handed people think left handed people are wrong. ROTFLMAO. I just can't help it.
    beatnic:
    If you ask a question about smokers, smokers will respond. If you ask a question about left handed people, left handed people will respond. Most right handed people think left handed people are wrong. ROTFLMAO. I just can't help it.

Well, I'm asking about BOTH left-handed AND right-handed smokers.

I've heard is said, that only left-handed people are in their right minds!

Well, I'm a hefty lefty. But, I'm a crazy old coot!

• james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    I'm a lefty for throwing and writing only. I do just about everything else right handed including smoking and drinking. Although I can almost get a good spiral right handed with a football.
    james40:
    I'm a lefty for throwing and writing only. I do just about everything else right handed including smoking and drinking. Although I can almost get a good spiral right handed with a football.

Well, I would say, you're ambidextrous, leaning toward lefty, since you write with your left hand. The hand you use for writing is my criteria for classifying someone as either left-handed or right-handed.

Of course, as I have said earlier, this is not a scientific survey.

• bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    Add another one for the lefties! Our 'random' sampling is producing some crazy stats!
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    Right to tight, although I might not be wraped to tight!