Home General Discussion

No, no, no. You got me all wrong.

Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
You ever run into people who have a really negative impression of cigars and cigar smokers? I’ve encountered some otherwise open minded people that have this biased notion of cigars being strictly associated with arrogant Fat Cats or self centered Big Shots or worse,……just a prop for Big Shot Wannabes.
LOL

Have you encountered any negative images or reactions to cigars and cigar smokers?

Comments

• ehehatehehat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    I'm at least 2 of those things you mentioned so..... yeah?
    seriously, I've run into some people like that but I guess our job is to bust the myth. I get "you smoke cigars? You dont seem the type" fairly often.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    Who you calling a fat cat?

In my general experience, a lot of people see cigar smoking as 'expensive cigarettes'. Generally, if I light up around someone, it shifts from "How can you smoke that?" to "That smells good" to "Can I try one?" (Even my mother went that path). Being knowledgeable seems to help too.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    ehehat:
    I'm at least 2 of those things you mentioned so..... yeah?
    seriously, I've run into some people like that but I guess our job is to bust the myth. I get "you smoke cigars? You dont seem the type" fairly often.
    Haha! I make it my job to get them to smoke with me ;)
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    jthanatos:
    Who you calling a fat cat?

In my general experience, a lot of people see cigar smoking as 'expensive cigarettes'. Generally, if I light up around someone, it shifts from "How can you smoke that?" to "That smells good" to "Can I try one?" (Even my mother went that path). Being knowledgeable seems to help too.
    Dad? Yes. Mom? No, Dad apparently keeps smoking all the ones I give to her.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Yup. They either think fat cats, gangsters or hobos,
  • CigarMan37CigarMan37 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 432
    Just shove em down their throat LOL