Home Pipes

Stokebye's No. 17 English Luxury, thoughts?

Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
Wondering who's familiar with this, what did you think?

Comments

• J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    OK, I cannot say that I have smoked this, maybe I have, I have smoked a lot of Stokkebye's stuff when I was first getting into pipes and at the time I did not note every blend I smoked. I can say that I like almost everything from Stokkebye that I have smoked, even a couple of the aromatics are well done. This will not have as much Lat. in it as Proper English so if you are looking for a lat. boom it will not be that (PE is not either for that matter). I really don't think you can go wrong with Stokkebye's lines and at the price point picking up 4 oz to try is about the same as a tin.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    J.S.:
    OK, I cannot say that I have smoked this, maybe I have, I have smoked a lot of Stokkebye's stuff when I was first getting into pipes and at the time I did not note every blend I smoked. I can say that I like almost everything from Stokkebye that I have smoked, even a couple of the aromatics are well done. This will not have as much Lat. in it as Proper English so if you are looking for a lat. boom it will not be that (PE is not either for that matter). I really don't think you can go wrong with Stokkebye's lines and at the price point picking up 4 oz to try is about the same as a tin.
    I can't say I've ever smoked anything from them, or not. Not by name, but I've stopped in a lot of shops, stuck my nose in a jar and said "give me some of that". Seems worth a try, just wanted a little confirmation, will probably go on and pick up 8 oz or so. It sounds like a good all-arounder.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Amos Umwhat:
    J.S.:
    I can't say I've ever smoked anything from them, or not. Not by name, but I've stopped in a lot of shops, stuck my nose in a jar and said "give me some of that". Seems worth a try, just wanted a little confirmation, will probably go on and pick up 8 oz or so. It sounds like a good all-arounder.
    Just had my first bowl. Very nice, smooth mellow English, mild bite, burned well once I finally got it going, which was probably due to a poor pack. Felt a little dry right out of the bag. I'm very satisfied, pretty much what I was hoping for.
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    Sounds good, especially in this hot weather. Hopefully, that bite will go away once the pack gets right.