Home General Discussion

A request please ——>UPDATED please read/ re read<——updated again

2»

Comments

• StsepasStsepas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 475
    so very glad to be home. Just gotta get thru this week of being home bound for treatment
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    Stsepas:
    so very glad to be home. Just gotta get thru this week of being home bound for treatment
    Glad you are finally home! I think staph is required if you stay in the hospital now a days. I had a 2 night stint due to a concussion and got staph on the areas the EKG pads were attached, go figure.
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922
    Hey Steve glad to see your home and we'll get together soon brother.
    robertgreen30:
    Hey Steve glad to see your home and we'll get together soon brother.
    Sounds good rob! Just gotta get thru this week. I'm doin antibiotics twice a day thru my IV. That's the easy part. The tough part is I have an allergy to the only antibiotic that kills this infection. So I have to give myself 50mg of IV Benadryl before the antibiotics. If you e never had IV Benadryl it's pretty weird. On e my wife Injects the Benadryl I can't even stand up its so powerful. Makes me feel like I weigh 500lbs for about 2 hrs!!
    scarlin:
    Stsepas:
    Glad you are finally home! I think staph is required if you stay in the hospital now a days. I had a 2 night stint due to a concussion and got staph on the areas the EKG pads were attached, go figure.
    Thanks! You guys are awesome on here. I've gotten more calls and txts from people on the forum than I've gotto. From my mom and brothers and sisters! This brotherhood is second to none! Thanks everyone for all the support!
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    This is great news! I am very happy to know that you are doing well. The couch is always better than any hospital bed!
    What a relief being home!! Started the IV antibiotics last night and had a minor scare! About 1/2 hr after the IV finished my hands and feet got pretty swollen! I started to break out in hives pretty bad, and my arms and torso became extremely itchy. Having the IV Benadryl here at home I did another dose of it to get ahead of the allergic reaction. Upon talking to the Doc this am the reason for the reaction was run ing the IV too fast. Imagine running it over 3 3/4 hrs instead of 4hrs made that much of a difference!
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Wow! Good thing you got THAT cleared up. I've had hives as a reaction to meds and it AIN'T NO FUN!! Hope things go smoothly from here on.... :-/)
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Good to hear that you're home :) I'm sure that's nice to be back. Be careful with those medications and all the details.