Home General Discussion

New Wineador

2»

Comments

• ehehatehehat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    oy, i just bought another destressed new one on ebay, same as the others wiring and hinge need to be repaired easy fix, that will put me at 4, this one i will use for boxes only also, now with that i am done since i am will be out of humidifiers, yes i am an addict!, no i dont have a problem!
    I wish I was better at wiring. I've seen a couple on there that would be a steal if one knew how to rewire them. Still seasoning the boxes 2.5 days later. Reading 72 on top and 63 on bottom. Since I'm using boxes for now and not something I'm worried about damaging slightly I'll probably wipe. All the boxes tomorrow and add another pound of kl. want to get the rh in the 75 range before pulling the DW.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    the wiring on them is fairly easy, not hard at all, im using ethernet cable to repair that tells you how low the voltage is, the most problem is setting the hinge back to its original pivot point but a flat surface and a hammer it all works out
    So this is just about done. I'm waiting on drawers to come in (about 4-5 weeks) but the setup is working pretty well. I got my fans wired in and set on cedar blocks to give airflow clearance. These have blue led's built in to match the existing light. Set them on a timer to run for 30 minutes every 1.5 hours.
    after playing with kl placement and trying to maximize space while still having enough product to maintain decent rh, I added a couple humidifier cases filled with kl to the top/back of the unit. This clears up a lot of space on the top shelf as I don't need the tray full on the top shelf anymore.
    with three freshly calibrated hygrometers (top/middle/bottom) it's holding sold between 65 and 69 rh for the last couple days. I may post updates when the drawers come in. Thanks to those that have shown interest and gave input. You guys really made this a success.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    so how is your wineador working out?
    mine are self sustaining to the point i dont have to add or take out water,
    HR hangs out at 65-67% just depends on when the units turn on to cool, tamps are steady 65*, i ended up with 5 units in all, one is empty just has some wood slats and beads to keep it humidified just in case i get more boxes
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    HR hangs out at 65-67% just depends on when the units turn on to cool, tamps are steady 65*, i ended up with 5 units in all, one is empty just has some wood slats and beads to keep it humidified just in case i get more boxes
    Hey Joe, Its working out great. I had to play with bead amounts and placement for a while, there was a lot of fluctuation between the top and bottom shelves but I think I've got it figured out now. I've got 2 lbs in the bottom in a glass baking dish and one humidifier full of beads at the top and its keeping consistent rh. I ordered drawers from Winadors.com and just finished seasoning and filling. I absolutely love this thing!
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    how you like the par shorts?
    i have some but they are from 2006, and im to lazy to buy anymore, besides im saving up to order a few boxes of behike in nov-dec.
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    how you like the par shorts?
    i have some but they are from 2006, and im to lazy to buy anymore, besides im saving up to order a few boxes of behike in nov-dec.
    Love the Shorts. These are from 2011 and are fantsatic.