Home General Discussion

Hhhhmmmmm humicare humi wipes

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
I think this is a bad idea...what does everyone else think??

Comments

• jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    Seems like a lot to pay for wet naps. I've never done or been a fan of the wipe down method of seasoning, but I know some people swear by it.
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    Yeah...another marketing gimmick to sell product that pretty much weighs our wallets for the sake of "being handy"....I can do this for free so why would I pay for wipes? There are different ways of seasoning your humi and that depends on the person...passive vs non passive. You can put a small glass of DW in your humi and let it set up that way or you can lightly use a sponge to bring DW into your humidor..either way is fine.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Yup and not only that if you wipe your cedar might warp! I just don't think it's a good idea since you could mess up your humi! But if you don't wanna buy a gallon of dw and wanna season a humi the not so great way go ahead
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    You bring up a valid point that probably doesn't get much talk....those who come into this hobby and purchase an expensive humidor only to use too much DW to season it will learn a hard lesson. The idea is to take a sponge...soak it in DW and then squeeze it all out and then lightly go over the cedar with the damp sponge...not wet sponge...but slightly damp with the emphasis on "slightly"....in my advanced years of doing so many humidors I prefer a passive way of doing things and will let a small cup of DW stay inside the closed humi for days. I can do this because I already have stock in other humidors that I can draw from while the seasoning of the humidor takes place. For those who only have the one humidor I understand that you are trying to get this process taken care of...just remember...slightly damp sponge.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Sure cant see paying for wipes or a seasoning kit. I've done the wipe down method but I don't think it's nessesary during the humid months. Last time I seasoned a humi it only took 3 days just using the humidifiers provided then tossed them.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    I believe it's marketed to people who don't know what they need to know in cigars and they are going after that first time customer base. I was one of those guys myself who didn't even know you needed to season a humidor first when I first got into cigars. I think it's a bad idea personally.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    It comes from sage advice... Like dip your cigar in cognac in order to become the baller you were meant to be .or stuff it up your nose to experience the essence of the pre-lit cigar.. Geez you gotta love the advice.. Finding this place saved me from making too many mistakes!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Bigshizza:
    It comes from sage advice... Like dip your cigar in cognac in order to become the baller you were meant to be .or stuff it up your nose to experience the essence of the pre-lit cigar.. Geez you gotta love the advice.. Finding this place saved me from making too many mistakes!
    lmbo recognize both those references