Home General Discussion

Oliva Serie V vs Ccom Sun Grown Label

lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
I smoked both today. And I must be honest in saying that I enjoyed the Ccom Sun Grown better. Not to say that I didn't enjoy the V. I did. It still is my favorite Oliva. But no joke in saying that I enjoyed the Ccom smoke slightly better.

Kudos to the folks at Ccom. I am, by no means, a "aficionado".... just shooting it straight. Granted, the Sun Grown had about 6 months of rest on it, which may have contributed to the enjoyable experience, but nonetheless, it outshined the V.

Take it for what it's worth, gents. I'm not getting a free box of Sun Growns for this endorsement (however, I wouldn't turn one down ;-) ). Just my .02.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    what one was first?
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    Now this peaks my interest as I smoked an Oliva V not long ago and also smoked the Melanio....the Melanio is unquestionably a great cigar. I've smoked the SunGrown a few times in the past where I purchase a mixed bag of 20...I rested all of them and smoked them at different times of the year to get a baseline and smoked the last ones around the 9 month mark. The great thing about cigars is that they appeal to a broad spectrum of enthusiasts where they love them whereas some will merely "like" them. I've smoked the SG and liked it at the tail end of the 9 month mark but not enough to purchase again but glad you found a cigar that rivals a true named brand..esp. at the price point they are.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    kuzi16:
    what one was first?

I smoked the Oliva in the afternoon. And the SG later in the evening.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    can you do the same two cigars but reverse the order next time then report back?

im just wondering how one influenced the other.