Home General Discussion

-------> cigar art <------- long read

StsepasStsepas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 475
As we all know there are a few people on the forum that have created some awesome cigar artwork! Joe with his vinyl graphics! Brett with his cigar box clocks and pocketbooks! Dan with his stogie stands! I'm sure I'm missing a few. Anyways here goes!
I've decided to combine my passion for art, and cigars. With me being disabled due to my chronic medical issues I Have a ton of free time. I've decided to take a plunge into cigar art with my free time. I also have a background in commercial art, and graphic design.
Here are some examples of what I'll be doing
• custom photography
•pencil drawings black and white or color
•acrylic painting
•custom humidor lids (you'd have to un screw the lid and mail it to me)
•small hand lettered signs ( ie for your man cave name)
•logo design
with the pencil drawings and painting the art will be on canvas ready to hang
Photography 8 1/2"X11" or smaller will be on photo media framed. Larger than that it'll be on canvas

The pictures I can manipulate, or enhance using one of the many programs I have. With larger photos I can incorporate drawing/painting as borders!!
I don't do drawing/painting of people/portraits ( they're very difficult and extremely time consuming)
If you have photos of your own that you want enlarged and enhanced I can do that
I can also incorporate cigar bands with the artwork! If you have something in mind let me know.

All artwork will be one off. Nothing will be mass produced
I apologize for the long post

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    I wanted to get this framed. Maybe a 8x8 or what ever a common square size frame would be. I can't seem to find a good size square frame.
  • StsepasStsepas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 475
    danielzreyes:
    I wanted to get this framed. Maybe a 8x8 or what ever a common square size frame would be. I can't seem to find a good size square frame.
    It's tough to find square frames. The best way to do it would be jumping up a size into a rectangular frame and doing a matte border around the picture. When it's done that way you can pic a color matte that compliments the picture! I'll check a couple places on Monday, and let you know what I find!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Buy the kind of frames you put together, buying the glass separate. If you have a retailors frame it...BIG $$$