Home General Discussion

Humidors on SS

catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
Hey all you SS hawks, any good humi's goin for around $50 to keep my eye out for? My bass player just got married and the moron always spends $50 at the B&M for a few smokes and has no humi. I gave him his first ISOM last night and he freaked. The band is buying him a humi for his wedding gift and will fill it with some tasty treats. Anyways, let me know, I don't watch SS anymore....learned my lesson lol.

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Fishy ---- I've seen humis pop up on there lately ....
    Lots of 50 counts, various brands/finishes.

(I try to limit myself to looking at the SS once/week though so I don't have specifics.)

I know the 5V humi used to be on there a lot. That one seemed to get pretty good reviews and had a nice (100-150?) capacity if I remember correctly.

(OR you could always email the Beard or Andy D and I'm sure they'd hook it up)
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    The Evanston Diamante is usually on there ~100ct and goes for around 50 if I remember correctly. That's the one I'm currently using. It behaves quite nicely, and is pretty to boot.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    I have backed off the sprint sales in the last couple of weeks myself but seems like the Southport Small was always popping up and could be had for $20 or even less sometimes. The Southport Large was popping up too and went for $41 usually. I have an extra Southport Small (still in the box) and would part with it if you need it. PM me if needed. Good luck.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    I got a southport medium collecting dust...would that work for you?
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Ken Light:
    LMK waht you want Ken. Myself and my bandmates are buying, so it's not that big of a deal. I figured $50-$60 is $20 a bandmate.
    Bob Luken:
    I have backed off the sprint sales in the last couple of weeks myself but seems like the Southport Small was always popping up and could be had for $20 or even less sometimes. The Southport Large was popping up too and went for $41 usually. I have an extra Southport Small (still in the box) and would part with it if you need it. PM me if needed. Good luck.
    I'm looking for something in the 75-150 range for capacity. He wastes too much money on CA taxes and retail, so I kind of woke him up to the idea of aging ISOM and looking for deals online instead of spending $10+ a stick for what we buy for $3.
    catfishbluezz:
    Ken Light:
    LMK waht you want Ken. Myself and my bandmates are buying, so it's not that big of a deal. I figured $50-$60 is $20 a bandmate.
    Just an address. PM me.
    Ken Light:
    catfishbluezz:
    Ken Light:
    Just an address. PM me.
    I might not be able to get it in the air until saturday, though, if time's an issue.
  • raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    I got my Man 'O War 100 count humidor on the SS last year for $44 plus shipping. I haven't been there lately (too few brands there I really like), but I assume they still put these out there.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    I use a Southport Large in my humidor lineup and advertised capacity is 120. I counted sticks one day and my actual capacity is about 100. I was on the SS yesterday but didn't see one come up for sale. I love the way mine smells and I'll be buying another one if I catch it down around $40. Even though it looks like Ken has you covered, I'll PM you if I score one just to see if you still need something.
    Ken Light:
    Ken Light:
    catfishbluezz:
    Ken Light:
    Just an address. PM me.
    I might not be able to get it in the air until saturday, though, if time's an issue.
    ill shoot you the pm, don't ship till next week, heading to Vegas for ipcpr
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    raisindot:
    I got my Man 'O War 100 count humidor on the SS last year for $44 plus shipping. I haven't been there lately (too few brands there I really like), but I assume they still put these out there.
    I also have the Man O War humidor and I love it!