Home General Discussion

Customs Process and Procedures with Cigars??

ebonypoolplayaebonypoolplaya Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
Within the past few months, I have been out of the country to : Singapore, and presently I am in Beijing, China! Each place, I have not been able to find local cigar shops so my question would be: Can I take cigars on the flight over with me?.. Non Cuban, of course! and if so, how many cigars can I travel with?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Yes you can take them. The number varies by country. The US will let in 100 without penalty. Canada is less than that but I am unsure on the amount.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    For what it is worth last Feb. I went to Mexico. They will let you bring 25 (I beleive) and for the first time (out of 5). The Customs guy counted them.
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    I think it is 100. Any more than that and you have to declare. I would still check things change.
  • Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
    J.S.:
    I think it is 100. Any more than that and you have to declare. I would still check things change.
    100 into the US. I just wen through customs holding my 40 ct. Her a dore, and he didn't even ask what was inside. Only had about 20 but where I went I figured they would look for ISOMs. But nope. Not even a second look.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    Welcome to the Forum!
    Having travel to and from Kuwait multiple times on civilian carriers, I can tell you from personal experience that I've ZERO problems bringing CC and non CC cigars into the US. My normal procedure when headed home on vacation was to pack 25-50 non-CC's in a tupperdore in my checked bags along with my cutters and lighters.
    Whatever CC's I picked up at the various Duty-Free shops, I would just toss into my carry-on.
    Anyway, to answer your question, check with each country's customs regulations just to be sure.