Home General Discussion

Visiting Santa Rosa, CA

Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
Any ideas what to do? I'm there a week visiting my dad and step-mom. Thinking of heading down to San Francisco at least one day. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to do much in the way of smoking cigars and some drinking but not a whole lot, the wife is currently avoiding both. Good places to eat? Sights? Local bands? Even breweries/wineries?

Apologies to the forum police for not posting this in NCR, but too many members avoid that area like a leper colony lol

Comments

• BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    Ken, welcome to norcal. You are a short trip from Napa, Yountville, and Sonoma so this should just about cover it on the food and wine tip. I believe the Lagunitas Brewery is in Petaluma which is about 8-10 miles south on the 116. Good to great craft beer depending on what you get. Sonoma would be easier to get to then Napa and Yountville. Just take 12 east and you basically run right into it. Beautiful country enjoy your visit.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    KEN! You're gonna enjoy yourself out here Brotha! Jim's recommendations are good... Russian River Brewing is in Santa Rosa as well (on 4th street I believe) and they have some GREAT beer... day trips to Napa and SF are a must... is this your first time to SF? if so you need to do the Alcatraz tour... sounds lame, I know, but it's a lot of fun, esp if you go on the night tour... I'm sure i'll come up with some more things for you all to do... off to the ballpark to watch the worst team in baseball (at the moment anyway) lose another one
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    get in on that chiba
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Sweet, thanks for the tips so far! We're flying out monday the 15th, coming home monday the 22nd (have a house sitter so I can post that with my real name on it, lol, otherwise I'd be too paranoid). I'm going to have access to a car so day trips would be awesome, and yes, this would be my first time in SF, and nothern california in general.
    Looks like the Giants are home against the Diamondbacks over the weekend, that could be fun.
    jliu:
    get in on that chiba
    lol no chiba either, unfortunately
  • BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    Ken Light:
    Looks like the Giants are home against the Diamondbacks over the weekend, that could be fun.
    Watching the Giants play right now is any other adjective then fun!
    Bombay:
    Ken Light:
    Watching the Giants play right now is any other adjective then fun!
    I just love being at a baseball game. I'd be about equally happy watching a AAA or independent league game.
    Just a quick post to thank everyone for their recommendations, this place is awesome. Gonna come back at least 10lbs heavier but oh well!