Home General Discussion

Camacho Corojo and LTD=Cuban?

ZAPZAP Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 164
How close are Camacho Corojo and Camacho LTD to real authentic Cubans?

I really like these cigars but have never had a true Cuban.   How do these compare?   I think I've seen them compared this way before...thanks for any thoughts...

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    The have zero Cuban grown tobacco. They have Cuban seed. The do not taste Cuban to me. This is not a bad thing though. I mean, they don't taste Dominican to me either but I still like them. I almost always have them on hand.
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,471
    I agree. Never had the LTD but the Corojo is a favorite of mine. Nothing like a CC though. CC has a different sweetness only found (to me) in CC tobacco. You're smoking some excellent cigars though. Camacho makes some great stuff - Honduran tobacco is amazing!
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    It is very rare for a non-cuban cigar to taste cuban. I can only think of one that comes close in the Regius, but is still unique in it's own right. The original JJ blend was damn close, along with the Cabaiguan, but finding these is near impossible really, and they are different then their current blends, and need 4 years to get there.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    OchoZacho:
    I agree. Never had the LTD but the Corojo is a favorite of mine.
    the only difference is that the LTD aged the tobacco an extra year before rolling.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Great cigar!! Not close to cuban though.