Home Non Cigar Related

Tomorrow is going to suck

Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
My grandmother passed away and tomorrow is the funeral. She was an amazing wonderful person, who always had my back and loved us without end. I was extremely close to her and will miss her for the rest of my life. Wish me luck tomorrow. I just want to make it through without loosing it in front of my girls.

Comments

• Poopy JonesPoopy Jones Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 357
    My condolences. Hang in there bro. There's no shame in being emotional. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
    im really sorry that she passed away. I hope that you guys get through it okay. cryimg in front of your girls isnt a bad thing to me. it shows them how important she was in your life, and can be a good segway into all the wonderful things you got to experience with your grandma. I wish you the best in your time of sorrow
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    letsgowithbob:
    im really sorry that she passed away. I hope that you guys get through it okay. cryimg in front of your girls isnt a bad thing to me. it shows them how important she was in your life, and can be a good segway into all the wonderful things you got to experience with your grandma. I wish you the best in your time of sorrow
    Agreed on all counts, especially crying in front of your girls. Incredible your grandmother got to have great-grandchildren!!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Best to you and your family Michael and remember all of the good times you had together with her and its ok to show emotion, that makes us human beings.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    I'm sorry for your loss. Don't hold back dude, nothing wrong with your girls seeing you cry. I wish you comfort in your time of sorrow.
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    Last year I buried my 56 year old father and my grandma (my last grandparent). So from the bottom of my heart I Am truly sorry for your loss.
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    As close as you were to her you will probably lose it and there is definitely no shame in that! My grandfather passed in '05 and there are still things that trigger memories that make me tear up. Good luck today, we'll be thinking about you.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    Condolences to you... remember the great times... and pass them on to your kids and grandkids... now and later.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    You have my sincerest sympathy and condolences my friend. There are simply no words to offer but you and your family have my prayers. One piece of advise I will offer for you alone, if you do break down take comfort and remember that a man who can not show emotion is not a whole man, something is lacking in his life and this is love. Be at peace for she walks with the Lord now.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Sorry for your loss brother...let those emotions out. Not good to keep that kind of stuff inside.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    sorry for your loss dude. There is no need to hold it all in for your girls. They need to know that their daddy can feel pain just like they do and it is ok for you to be just as affected as they are. Just try and remember the good times. It really helps.
  • Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
    Thanks everyone.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Blessings and prayers to you and your family brother.
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    Sorry for your loss, and you and your family will be in my prayers
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    Thinking of you today RJ
  • StsepasStsepas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 475
    Rail Jockey:
    My grandmother passed away and tomorrow is the funeral. She was an amazing wonderful person, who always had my back and loved us without end. I was extremely close to her and will miss her for the rest of my life. Wish me luck tomorrow. I just want to make it through without loosing it in front of my girls.
    Just saw this post... My deepest condolences. Hope things look up for you
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    smoke em if you got em:
    Sorry for your loss brother...let those emotions out. Not good to keep that kind of stuff inside.
    I agree with smoke em , trying to keep this kind of pain to youself only make the heart heavy and bitter, Let it go. My heartfelt condolences to you and yours.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Michael, I hope you are feeling better now.