Home Non Cigar Related

Be Careful What you Say Online .....

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/27/teenager-justin-carter-facebook-comment-jail_n_3512025.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Kid looking at 8 years in prison for "terrorist" activities because of ...

"Earlier this year, Carter and a friend got into an Facebook argument with someone regarding "League of Legends," an online video game with notoriously die-hard fans. Justin's father, Jack, explained to ABC local affiliate KVUE that at the end of the conversation "Sleep [S]omeone had said something to the effect of 'Oh you're insane, you're crazy, you're messed up in the head,’ to which [Justin] replied 'Oh yeah, I'm real messed up in the head, I'm going to go shoot up a school full of kids and eat their still, beating hearts,’ and the next two lines were lol and jk [all sic].""

amazing, fracking amazing.

Comments

• EHaddockEHaddock Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 24
    Truly insane...
    Mahalo,
    Edward
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    I am even reading this post carefully...you never know-:)
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    I understand the concern and the need to investigate, but that's where it needs to stop. "Zero tolerance" policies in almost any realm are stupid, no two situations are the same and responders need flexibility to deal with it as appropriate, not as a one-size fits all operation. Just having a cop knock on this kids door at let him know it was seen should be enough of a lesson, peeing yourself in front of you parents tends to leave a lasting impression. ;)
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    Ugh, potential 8 yrs in prison for sarcasm. That's crazy!
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    perkinke:
    I understand the concern and the need to investigate, but that's where it needs to stop. "Zero tolerance" policies in almost any realm are stupid, no two situations are the same and responders need flexibility to deal with it as appropriate, not as a one-size fits all operation. Just having a cop knock on this kids door at let him know it was seen should be enough of a lesson, peeing yourself in front of you parents tends to leave a lasting impression. ;)
    Hear hear!
    I propose we all lobby Congress to change the wording of every instance of "Zero Tolerance" to a more fitting name:
    ZERO INTELLIGENCE
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    What part of "and eat their still, beating hearts" did they not think was hyperbole?
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    I tell you, these Puritans, they are a humorless lot.