Home General Discussion

Cigar Smoking Ladies

jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
Lately my wife has been getting into my humidor. It's happening with a bit more frequency lately. She enjoys the Camacho Triple Maduro, Rocky Patel Vintage 1992, Punch, and few others. She mostly enjoys cigars that have a heavier flavor of coffee, chocolate, nuts, spice, etc...This is not surpirising as it mimicks her taste in wine, she enjoys a cabernet over a pinot noir any day. It also mirrors her taste in coffee and liquors too. I have two questions. First, does anybody else have a wife, girlfriend, sister, female friend, f**k buddy, or other female acquaintance that enjoys a fine cigar? And second, my wife seems to enjoy a cigar with a bit of a smaller ring guage than I prefer. Can anybody think of a good full flavored cigar with a small ring guage, (40-50)?

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Actually my wife will smoke with me on occasion and she prefers a more full bodied cigar with some good spice but not too much pepper, so I bought her some Tatuaje Noella Reservas and she loves them. Those are a great smoke that I enjoy as well. They are 5.1 x 42 size and have amazing flavor!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Sadly, my wife can't stand the smell of cigar smoke. It's all in her head though, she can't get over the cigarette stigma of cigars.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    jpclotfelter:
    Can anybody think of a good full flavored cigar with a small ring guage, (40-50)?
    full flavor or full bodied?

the rocky patel summer 08 collection has a bit of both.

OpusX Perfexcion No 4. not as spicy but still very full and complex.

la flor dominicana chiselito maduro. that may put her down though....
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    Krieg:
    Sadly, my wife can't stand the smell of cigar smoke. It's all in her head though, she can't get over the cigarette stigma of cigars.
    Same here.
    My sister enjoys a fine smoke quite frequently, though I'm not sure what she's been having. She did email me last week asking how much a cigar ashtray cost. I told her that given the deals that are available on ebay and amazon she probably shouldn't spend more than $20. She said it was good that she asked me because her husband was getting ready to spend $200 on one for her birthday. I told her that the damn thing better be encrested with diamonds!
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    jpclotfelter:
    Lately my wife has been getting into my humidor. It's happening with a bit more frequency lately. She enjoys the Camacho Triple Maduro, Rocky Patel Vintage 1992, Punch, and few others. She mostly enjoys cigars that have a heavier flavor of coffee, chocolate, nuts, spice, etc...This is not surpirising as it mimicks her taste in wine, she enjoys a cabernet over a pinot noir any day. It also mirrors her taste in coffee and liquors too. I have two questions. First, does anybody else have a wife, girlfriend, sister, female friend, f**k buddy, or other female acquaintance that enjoys a fine cigar? And second, my wife seems to enjoy a cigar with a bit of a smaller ring guage than I prefer. Can anybody think of a good full flavored cigar with a small ring guage, (40-50)?

I bought my wife a tin of the Arturo Fuente Cubanito's. They are 4.2 inches X 32 gauge. These are a very fine little stick for a woman or when you don't have time for full stick. These are well made and taste great, just like any Fuente. The nice thing is the size and gauge will allow her to smoke the whole thing without feeling like she over did it, or having her put it down for good just past half way thru.
    You could also try the 5 Vegas Gold in the "Nuggets", these are 4.5 X 44 and are med. body but tons of flavor. Oh yeah and the ladies just love the little Gold Brick box they come in. Good price too.
  • AQUADGIO1200AQUADGIO1200 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    My wife enjoys the Drew Estate Java sticks & Tatiana Mocha (pretty much coffe/choco flavored stuff) But she also enjoys my Ashton double magnums.
  • bigj51bigj51 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 52
    My wife will smoke the CAO flavours and she thinks all cigar smoke smells good so it's easy to get her to go to the B&M.
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    Pfft some of you guys are lucky. My lady was fine with me smoking for a while now shes trying to limit me to 2 a week. Talking about how Im going to get mouth cancer and not live to get old with here. Bummer since I just got my 1st tupperdor going, finally stabalized at 68% humidity with a few nice sticks sitting in there now. Ive already reached my alloted quota of allowed smokes till tuesday though ha ha. I really want to buy a nice sampler to fill it up.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    My girlfriend doesn't want to smoke a full cigar, but she takes puffs of mine whenever I smoke. She likes creamy texture, and spice. She also loves the smell of cigars and cigar smoke.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    The girlfriend likes CAO Flavours in the mini perfecto size... when she wants a thicker ring gauge she goes for me...........

She never wants a thicker ring gauge
  • AyatoAyato Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 53
    My wife enjoys the CAO flovours and the Verdadero Organic. She isn't ready to try anything with a fuller flavor yet. At least she is trying and supports one of my favorite ways to relax.
    Lasabar:
    Lucky for you! lol
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    clearlysuspect:
    My sister enjoys a fine smoke quite frequently, though I'm not sure what she's been having. She did email me last week asking how much a cigar ashtray cost. I told her that given the deals that are available on ebay and amazon she probably shouldn't spend more than $20. She said it was good that she asked me because her husband was getting ready to spend $200 on one for her birthday. I told her that the damn thing better be encrested with diamonds!
    Wow. $200? Tell her to get the Ashton round ashtray, I think they go for around $30 and in my opinion, they're pretty nice, simple and straightforward, but nice all the same...and big, I empty mine about 1-2 times a week, depends on how smelly it starts getting.
    Today, my wife actually came out on the patio and sat with me for a while as I enjoyed a Carlos Torano Exodus 1959, my morning coffee, and literature. I was completely astounded that she even opened the patio door while I had a cigar burning.
    PuroFreak:
    Lasabar:
    Lucky for you! lol
    Ouch....
    Lasabar:
    PuroFreak:
    Lasabar:
    Lucky for you! lol
    Ouch....
    Don't feel bad, my wife prefers lanceros... I wonder what thats all about. lol
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    TTIWWP! (This thread is worthless without pictures!)
    zoom6zoom:
    TTIWWP! (This thread is worthless without pictures!)
    You wanna see my Vitola???
  • 4bob44bob4 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 212
    My wife, pictured in my avitar, will enjoy an occasional cigar with me. Usually medium bodied smokes however we both like a light bodied smoke if the time is right.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    I've had one gf who would smoke the occasional cigar with me. She wouldn't come near them until I took her to Vegas. I go yearly, but she had never been. I bought some Montecristo Whites & Platinums, a few Romeo's, and a few Perdomo's. Then, she wanted one. Said she wanted to do everything I did while in Vegas. She actually like the Monte Whites; a couple of days into the trip we bought her a few Cohibas as well, which she enjoyed too. Not to mention, SHE dragged ME to Scores....

Thinking back now, what the hell was I thinking breaking it off with her?
    4bob4:
    My wife, pictured in my avitar, will enjoy an occasional cigar with me. Usually medium bodied smokes however we both like a light bodied smoke if the time is right.
    /Raises eyebrow... NICE!!!
  • minibeezyminibeezy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 257
    jpclotfelter:

Sorry to dig up an old thread (woohoo, newbie used the search function!!!), but just curious if you found one she likes.

I'm just getting into cigars, and my wife is showing an interest as well. I talked to Andy @ ccom and he recommended Baccarat, which I'm going to get for her to try. However, my wife enjoys the same tastes as you listed (coffee, chocolate, cab, etc). TIA
  • CigarDiscipleCigarDisciple Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 13
    My wife can't smoke because of breathing problems but does allow me to smoke inside and enjoys the smell of a good cigar. She is truly one of a kind.