Home General Discussion

Anyone near Columbus Ohio?

2»

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    insomnniapb:
    kuzi16:
    insomnniapb:
    Keep this updated I'm about 2 hours north of Columbus. Depending on the day or time I may be able to make it.
    if we both can make it we should car pool. i mean you have to drive right by my area to get there.
    Sounds good I'm down. I have a bit of an issue with my car right now it keeps blowing tranny fluid out the filter gasket... I have done everything I can think of besides replace the valve housing, hopefully I can get it up and going before this!
    yeah... if i can go youll just have to drive to cuyahoga falls.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Wow this maybe statrting to get huge. And the great Kuzi may come? I have so much to learn.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Should we start with a location? Anyone know of a good lounge in C-bus that has space for a decent sized group and isn't opposed to people bringing in their own cigars? I'm sure everyone will buy stuff, too, but I don't want some stickler poo-pooing us bringing in our own.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Alright, so it looks like the first part of your visit I'll be out of town (sorry Lee) .... heading down to "bourbon country" but will be back late Monday night (July 1)

SleevePlz:
    Should we start with a location? Anyone know of a good lounge in C-bus that has space for a decent sized group and isn't opposed to people bringing in their own cigars? I'm sure everyone will buy stuff, too, but I don't want some stickler poo-pooing us bringing in our own.
    There's a couple good lounges around, so here's my $0.02
    (But --- Ray and anyone else, please chime in too. I know there's other B&Ms around the city that I haven't been to)

But IMO the best bet might be "The TinderBox at Easton"
    Easton is on the E/NE side of town, right off of the outerbelt --- it's an outdoor mall, shopping center type deal (Google it, it's pretty cool) .... the TinderBox B&M is pretty small, maybe 10 seats total ... but there's an Irish pub right next door (seriously 10 feet away) and the pub has lots of outdoor patio seating and they'll let you smoke on the patio, serve you food & drinks, etc.
    The cigar selection at Tinderbox is pretty good too.

There's also a lounge closer to downtown, pretty central location --- House of Cigar Montecristo lounge (on High St. between downtown and OSU campus)
    I've only been there once, briefly, and it was a while ago but it's pretty good size from what I remember - TVs, pool tables, decent sized walk-in, and they serve beer too.

Another B&M on the NE side of town, called Governor's.
    It's smaller, it's an old 2 story house they turned into B&M ... might work too. Neat little place but the last couple times I've been there the cigar selection wasn't that good though, IMO. Shelves were pretty bare.
    (There's a couple other smaller B&Ms like Governor's on the north end of town that I've heard of -- but have never been too)
    jgibv:
    Alright, so it looks like the first part of your visit I'll be out of town (sorry Lee) .... heading down to "bourbon country" but will be back late Monday night (July 1)

SleevePlz:
    There's a couple good lounges around, so here's my $0.02
    (But --- Ray and anyone else, please chime in too. I know there's other B&Ms around the city that I haven't been to)

But IMO the best bet might be "The TinderBox at Easton"
    Easton is on the E/NE side of town, right off of the outerbelt --- it's an outdoor mall, shopping center type deal (Google it, it's pretty cool) .... the TinderBox B&M is pretty small, maybe 10 seats total ... but there's an Irish pub right next door (seriously 10 feet away) and the pub has lots of outdoor patio seating and they'll let you smoke on the patio, serve you food & drinks, etc.
    The cigar selection at Tinderbox is pretty good too.

There's also a lounge closer to downtown, pretty central location --- House of Cigar Montecristo lounge (on High St. between downtown and OSU campus)
    I've only been there once, briefly, and it was a while ago but it's pretty good size from what I remember - TVs, pool tables, decent sized walk-in, and they serve beer too.

Another B&M on the NE side of town, called Governor's.
    It's smaller, it's an old 2 story house they turned into B&M ... might work too. Neat little place but the last couple times I've been there the cigar selection wasn't that good though, IMO. Shelves were pretty bare.
    (There's a couple other smaller B&Ms like Governor's on the north end of town that I've heard of -- but have never been too)
    Yes John is correct, montecristo lounge is very nice, been there twice, but not sure if they let us bring in own smokes. Tinderbox is Easton is also a good location, small shop, they have nice stuff, and he is right right beside it is Fado Irish pub, which I love, has a great outdoor patio where they already have the ashtrays on the table, they serve great Irish food and several good beers. Never been to the governors place. There a couple more around town, Barclay cigars is nice, not that big though. So unless others know anymore and it's up to u guys but I would say Easton tinderbox would b the best area, it in Easton town center where there is a huge indoor mall and several stores all around it.
    Any updates on a date for the herf