Home General Discussion

boveda loyalties...

2»

Comments

• rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Boveda works for me and I have no complain about the brand. There is no reason to worry so much about exact 70:70. A little up or down doesn't hurt your cigar that much. I maintain my 5,000+ cigars with Boveda without any issue.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    rzaman:
    Boveda works for me and I have no complain about the brand. There is no reason to worry so much about exact 70:70. A little up or down doesn't hurt your cigar that much. I maintain my 5,000+ cigars with Boveda without any issue.
    Boveda works for me too. It's a great product. The problem is this video they produced testing Boveda against other products is kinda fishy. The results are suspect. Especially since they won't reveal all the facts about how they conducted the test.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 868
    Hey folks. I was wondering after some time has passed, what are your opinions on boveda now versus then?

Also, what do you think about combining xikar gel and boveda packs? This winter is killing my humidity and I need to supplement the "100" count xikar that's only giving me 62%rh.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    What do you store your cigars in? The winters here in the NE are brutal on humidity in my wood humis as well, but my cooler maintains fine. This time of year I consolidate everything I can into the cooler, and use a small wood humi to hold things I want to smoke soon. I use Boveda in the wood humi since it is easy to add or up the RH level by switching packs.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    I am probably using the same boveda packs i did when this thread started. I charge them now by putting them in a tupperware dish submerged in water, works like a charm.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    youngryan216:
    Hey folks. I was wondering after some time has passed, what are your opinions on boveda now versus then?

Also, what do you think about combining xikar gel and boveda packs? This winter is killing my humidity and I need to supplement the "100" count xikar that's only giving me 62%rh.
    Boveda products ROCK! Always have. (self edit: insert derogatory statement here.) Did you notice they disabled the comments section on the youtube video? Apparently they couldn't handle anyone challenging their little fake experiment.

Last winter was colder/drier than normal down here and I had to resort to shot glasses and little bowls of distilled water in a few of my desktops. Well, it's started again this year. Sigh........I think I'll get another cooler and just drop the desktops inside there until spring.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 868
    Grabbed two 72% packs for my 100 count wood humi today. Already using xikar "100 count humidifier" fully charged, but today I woke up to 60%rh on my hygrometer and decided it was time for action.

I think it's funny that both products are made for 100 sticks, but neither can actually accommodate them. ( the humi size and the humidifier's efficiency)
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    They are what they are..... and far as im concerned, probably the lazyiest way of maintaining your humi. KL/Beads are awesome. But a disposable packet is oftly nice too.

Tomato/ tOmato... whats the difference as long as yer chit works?

Aj
  • christian1971christian1971 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 392
    Coleman cooler + 65% Boveda packs= Happy Cigars I will never use a desktop humi again. Tossed my man o war humi out in frustration. Boveda packs are still going strong 4 months later.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    youngryan216:
    ..... This winter is killing my humidity and I need to supplement the "100" count xikar that's only giving me 62%rh.
    Add a small dish with distilled water to your humi (shot glass about 1/2 full works great).
    It will help keep your RH up in the drier months. Works great for me.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    I live in the midwest and it gets very dry here in the winter. I use black ice and boveda in the winter. 62 isn't crazy low though. I try to keep mine around 65 and it has dipped a little bit already. I just added my black ice back to the mix last weekend to help get it back up to 65.