Home General Discussion

3 fer

bigj51bigj51 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 52
I would like some opinions on 3 things.

1.I read somewhere, maybe with my humi not to store other objects in it. Any opinions on that? I don't really think matters.

2.I haven't had really high quality cigar like an opus or a GOF. I would really hate to spend alot of money on something (alot imho) that i didn't like. How do other people deal with this? I mean for somebody who has had an opus/gof there was a time when you didn't know if you liked it and had to spend the 25-35 dollars to get one. What do ya do? Just say screw it i may throw 25 dollars down the drain.

3.Ok maybe a 3 fer here. I like the infused cigars, does that make me a woman?
Like the DE java. I really like it.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    bigj51:
    1.I read somewhere, maybe with my humi not to store other objects in it. Any opinions on that? I don't really think matters.
    i dont know why you would but if you want to, as long as the objects would not damage your sticks in any way i dont see a problem.

personally i need the room for cigars.
    bigj51:
    2.I haven't had really high quality cigar like an opus or a GOF. I would really hate to spend alot of money on something (alot imho) that i didn't like. How do other people deal with this? I mean for somebody who has had an opus/gof there was a time when you didn't know if you liked it and had to spend the 25-35 dollars to get one. What do ya do? Just say screw it i may throw 25 dollars down the drain.
    if you look at cigar.com's prices on OpusX and other very high end cigars you will see prices like $25-$35 each. but there is a page on cigar.com from those high end sticks that you can find HERE it explains why the price at cigar.com is so high.

you can go out into the world and find opus cheaper. what did I do? i found a local shop with almost 30 years working with Fuente. they get OpusX in at about MSRP. thats usually between $11 and $19.

to tell the truth, if you are afraid that you wont enjoy the cigar because you wont understand it and dont want to spend that kind of money, i dont blame you. take your time to develop your palate a bit and find out what kind of cigars you like. then base your decision to buy those higher end cigars on what you have learned, what countries you like tobacco from, what brands you like, etc.
    bigj51:
    yes.

just kidding.
    it doesnt make you a woman at all. i dont like them. im not a fan of any infused cigars.
    its like beer:
    some people like porters
    some people like IPAs
    some people like one or the other. some like both.
    some dont drink.

its just part of who you are.

• jihiggsjihiggs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 468
    you can store things just fine, you mean like cutter, lighter, poker? those kinds of things? I wouldnt store a loaf of bread or a bag of apples in there though. also, one thing to beware of, some metals can discolor spanish cedar. I used some alluminum trays for beads once, the wood they were on was black some how.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    bigj51:
    I would like some opinions on 3 things.

Like the DE java. I really like it.

Hey hey hey I like the DE Java just fine and I've never been called a woman ...well if you don't count "You Mother!!!" Haha ...Just also beware if actually spending $30.00 dollars on a cigar upsets you , you may enjoy it less worrying about how much you spent on it !!!