Home General Discussion

A good soft flame?

RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
I usually use a bic just because its so cheap. But at times I wish the flame was a little bigger. What's some good ones that are adjustable but won't break the bank?

Comments

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    FWIW I got one for Lee for his birthday, not sure if it was good or not. It looks like a zippo but was butane.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    The bes soft flame I have ever used is the Xikar EX... it's not cheap by any means... I've seen them as cheap as $30 plus shipping... they have them on Cbib as well... I'd say don't screw around and get the best
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    robbyras:
    The bes soft flame I have ever used is the Xikar EX... it's not cheap by any means... I've seen them as cheap as $30 plus shipping... they have them on Cbib as well... I'd say don't screw around and get the best
    Thats what I use and I love it...Rob is right, they are not cheap but just keep a look out and you can find pretty good deals on them.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    smoke em if you got em:
    robbyras:
    Thats what I use and I love it...Rob is right, they are not cheap but just keep a look out and you can find pretty good deals on them.
    I have nothing else to add. That's what I use all the time.
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    Ronson came out with a new lighter that is a soft flame...costs a $1 at CVS or Walgreens...I bought a dozen and they are great. They are adjustable as well as rechargeable which makes them great for travel or just putting em in your truck/car and if you lose it...who cares? I am still using my first one and it's already been in the washer and dryer and still works...takes a charge pretty easy and it's a great lighter for only a buck. I also have a the Xikar Exodus Soft Flame....it's a great lighter as well but if you want to save money go with the Ronson ....it's called The Comet.
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    +1 on the Ronson Comet.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Cigary:
    Ronson came out with a new lighter that is a soft flame...costs a $1 at CVS or Walgreens...I bought a dozen and they are great. They are adjustable as well as rechargeable which makes them great for travel or just putting em in your truck/car and if you lose it...who cares? I am still using my first one and it's already been in the washer and dryer and still works...takes a charge pretty easy and it's a great lighter for only a buck. I also have a the Xikar Exodus Soft Flame....it's a great lighter as well but if you want to save money go with the Ronson ....it's called The Comet.
    I'll be on the lookout. I love my my Ronson Jet-lite, had it close to 2 years and still works like new. Maybe I can get that Xikar for Christmas.
  • insomnniapbinsomnniapb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 590
    I also use an EX for my soft flame or Exodus whichever you want to call it. I love it. You can grab them on the bid site for 25+ shipping if you have some patients.