Home General Discussion

Padilla Factory in Miami

KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
Has anyone been to the new Padilla factory in miami? I read that they do tours and let you watch the rollers and hang out and smoke cigars there. Sounds pretty fun, and the best part is, I can drive to it!

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Krieg:
    Has anyone been to the new Padilla factory in miami? I read that they do tours and let you watch the rollers and hang out and smoke cigars there. Sounds pretty fun, and the best part is, I can drive to it!

I wonder if they would rent me a room in the back?
    I love Padilla's. Except for the Obsidian.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    laker1963:
    Krieg:

I wonder if they would rent me a room in the back?
    I love Padilla's. Except for the Obsidian.
    first one I ever had was the miami, and ever since I was hooked. Damn good cigar.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I like the 1932's myself.
    cabinetmaker:

If it says Padilla on it and that is NOT followed by Obsidian... then I love it!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    laker1963:
    cabinetmaker:

If it says Padilla on it and that is NOT followed by Obsidian... then I love it!
    is it that bad?
    Krieg:
    laker1963:
    cabinetmaker:

is it that bad?
    Yes, I'm afraid it is... read my sig. line :)
  • nsezellnsezell Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    The obsidian isn't quite as bad as the achilles...in my opinion. They are both bad as far as construction goes, but the obsidian has a slightly better flavor.
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    I'll be there at the end of February. Also plan to go to Oliva, Perdomo, maybe Oliveros just because I'm right near it. Would also like to see Torano, Camacho, and Padron while I'm down there. It all depends on what the others want to do but I'm within 1-18 miles of 17 cigar shops that I'm aware of. Needless to say, I'm counting the days.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    i am so damn jealous
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    dennisking:
    i am so damn jealous
    +1 to the umpteenth power!
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    My family is planning a trip with some other famiies we grew up with in March. They are all meeting up in FL somewhere, about 2 hours from Miami. I recently got off the phone discussing the trip with my father. When I told him about the facroties there he said he would LOVE to see them with me. The Padilla factory is a MUST see. Hopefully I get the chance to head east to Miami in March and i can bring back some magical tales of adventure for you guys...
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    I know where I'm taking my vacation in April.
  • Cooper33Cooper33 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 168
    laker1963:
    Krieg:
    laker1963:
    cabinetmaker:

is it that bad?
    Yes, I'm afraid it is... read my sig. line :)
    I have a feeling the Obsidian is a good smoke, if only I could invent a device that would attach a constantly burning torch lighter that would keep it lit. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    The obsidian is good with some age. My first one sucked burn and draw wise but the second after 6 months was awesome.
  • JWBJWB Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 18
    Krieg:
    I like cigars
  • kaelariakaelaria Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 572
    lol you tourists are funny, getting all worked up over cigar stores and stuff :) It's like us Floridians planning a trip up north to see snow :)