Home General Discussion

My friend suffered a loss

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
My friend that gave me my first cigar has suffered a loss in his humi. He has a 250 count humi that's had almost 200 sticks in it. He opened it up last night for a smoke (after about 3 weeks of not openin it) and found mold. Poor guy sent me a text at 1:30am tellin me he had lost almost 150 cigars mostly Partagas and Perdomo. :( please join me in a moment of silence... Then share a story of any cigar losses you've had! Lol being newer to cigars I have yet to have that happen... But know it may happen in the future when I get heavier humidors.

Comments

• Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    LiquidChaos66:
    My friend that gave me my first cigar has suffered a loss in his humi. He has a 250 count humi that's had almost 200 sticks in it. He opened it up last night for a smoke (after about 3 weeks of not openin it) and found mold. Poor guy sent me a text at 1:30am tellin me he had lost almost 150 cigars mostly Partagas and Perdomo. :( please join me in a moment of silence... Then share a story of any cigar losses you've had! Lol being newer to cigars I have yet to have that happen... But know it may happen in the future when I get heavier humidors.
    I hate to hear that. (moment of silence) Now, let this be a lesson to us all. Pay attention to your stash. Visit often. fondle regularly.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
  • pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 429
    Got a pipe? shred up what good remains and smoke it that way. I place the remaining head of a great cigar in one of my pipes that fit it and enjoy every last bit of my stogie in cool comfort.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Wipe them off and smoke them. Sounds like a good reason to smoke a ton of cigars in a short time to me lol
    pilgrimtex:
    Got a pipe? shred up what good remains and smoke it that way. I place the remaining head of a great cigar in one of my pipes that fit it and enjoy every last bit of my stogie in cool comfort.

Ive been wanting to try pipes too... My friend doesnt have a pipe. I saw your post in the pipe catagory just a few moments ago! Seems like a darn good idea! I find when my cigar gets low that the smoke gets into my eyes and up my nose too easily. Might be a good way keep that issue down. sadly my issue is lack of funding... lol same with issue for my cigars...
    LiquidChaos66:
    pilgrimtex:

Ive been wanting to try pipes too... My friend doesnt have a pipe. I saw your post in the pipe catagory just a few moments ago! Seems like a darn good idea! I find when my cigar gets low that the smoke gets into my eyes and up my nose too easily. Might be a good way keep that issue down. sadly my issue is lack of funding... lol same with issue for my cigars...

If your just gonna use the pipe for a cigar holder get the cheapest you can find. You can get a corn cobb for 2-3 bucks. Don't worry about briar or meerschaum any wood will do. If you want you could even carve a holder from a piece of wood. Your not burning tobacco in the pipe so you don't need a good briar pipe.
    pilgrimtex:
    LiquidChaos66:
    pilgrimtex:

If your just gonna use the pipe for a cigar holder get the cheapest you can find. You can get a corn cobb for 2-3 bucks. Don't worry about briar or meerschaum any wood will do. If you want you could even carve a holder from a piece of wood. Your not burning tobacco in the pipe so you don't need a good briar pipe.

Im not really thinking about using a pipe primarily for finishing up a cigar. I would really like to get into the pipe arena as well. if i buy a pipe i want to get a nice (not too expensive) pipe and maybe alternate between the pipe and cigars when i sit out for my evening smokes.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Sorry to hear that Chris. So ..... where do you live?
    Im in Portland Oregon. Born and raised! :)
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    LiquidChaos66:
    Where in Portland exactly?
    LiquidChaos66:
    pilgrimtex:
    LiquidChaos66:
    pilgrimtex:

Im not really thinking about using a pipe primarily for finishing up a cigar. I would really like to get into the pipe arena as well. if i buy a pipe i want to get a nice (not too expensive) pipe and maybe alternate between the pipe and cigars when i sit out for my evening smokes.

Anyone interested in getting started with pipe smoking send me a PM. I live with a pipe in my mouth and perhaps can help in what to do to get started. Also there is good info in the pipe section. Bring up a question there if you don't want to send a PM.
    danielzreyes:
    LiquidChaos66:
    Where in Portland exactly?

Are you by chance looking for my address? if so i can PM you. to be a little more specific about my whereabouts ill narrow it down to SE portland. lol Thats about as specific as ill get. I use a much different mailing address than my own to maintain a little mystery. ;) sent ya a PM Daniel
    pilgrimtex:
    LiquidChaos66:
    pilgrimtex:

Sent you a PM Walt
    LiquidChaos66:
    pilgrimtex:
    LiquidChaos66:
    pilgrimtex:

Sent you a PM Walt

You got one back