Home General Discussion

Cigar breath and the wife....

AVJimAVJim Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 438
A recent post "Stinkfinger, Morningmouth and Wheeze" prompted me to write this. Whom among us hasn't heard on more than one occasion that their breath "stinks" when crawling under the covers. Now, I disagree with the "stink" opinion.... I consider this a fond memory of a good herf! I do however understand that the smell coming out of my mouth can be offensive to some. I tried many things to alleviate the "problem". Listerine, Scope, brushing (naturally), gum..... they all help but did not always satisfy the powers that be. I think I have finally found a winner. I put about 4 drops of peppermint essential oil on the toothbrush and then cover with baking soda. So far, so good. Give it a try if you have the same issues that I do!

Comments

• webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Burnt a Cusano 59 Cameroon yesterday when I got home from the office. Loved the flavor with chili at dinner. Loved the flavor with coffee next morning. A good smoke is about a sixteen hour pleasure. Too bad you have to eradicate it. But...

You do what you have to do to get what you have to have..,.

• pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 429
    Try a peppermint Schnappes. Take enough and you don't care what she says.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Citrus juice works well too ....
    I remember there was a discussion a while back as to why citrus works so well .... but I don't remember why.

But peppermint essential oil!! WHOA!! That's some powerful stuff!
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Buddy of mine swears by tomato juice
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    Funny thing is... I was just about to post asking how to get rid of the cigar breath lol! Thanks for the info! Ill try that tonight :)
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Citrus Juice, Tomato Juice are all acidic.
    Both wonderful ways to clean a palette.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    my wife doesn't mind my breath depending on the cigar. She loves it after i smoke some heavy maduros that have a lot of coffee taste to them. I get a lot of play that night after smoking.....
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    pilgrimtex:
    Literally laughed out LOUD. Some people came see if I was OK. (I'm at work)
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Bob Luken:
    pilgrimtex:
    Literally laughed out LOUD. Some people came see if I was OK. (I'm at work)
    So did I!!! This was great! Too funny tex!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    pilgrimtex:
    lol, there ya go. I've found that an easy way to just not have it be an issue is just eat some image

and/or some

image. After that she won't mind.
  • pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 429
    Ahhhh. Never too old especially me.
    Sniff
  • MAWartMAWart Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 137
    brianetz1:
    my wife doesn't mind my breath depending on the cigar. She loves it after i smoke some heavy maduros that have a lot of coffee taste to them. I get a lot of play that night after smoking.....
    I just threw up a little.
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    The best way I have found is to brush and gurgle with baking soda and peroxide. It also works well for removing the smell from the facial hair for us guys who have it. I have found nothing else works better. Full strength Dawn dish soap also works for the facial hair and also great on the hands. These seem to be the best methods to ensure that "quality time" is not ruined by our cigar mistresses.