Home General Discussion

Customized my stogie stand...

RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
If anyone wants me to customize theirs, PM me and we'll talk price.image

Comments

• reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    it seems you have a little too much time on your hands!
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    I'm just trying to fit in! Everyone has these custom ss, so I took matters in to my own hands. Now I have THE black and red prototype.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Were do you get those stands like that? I've seen a few on this forum now and I'd like to know. Is it a re-purposed item intended for something else? Or are they made for cigar rests?
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Bob Luken:
    Were do you get those stands like that? I've seen a few on this forum now and I'd like to know. Is it a re-purposed item intended for something else? Or are they made for cigar rests?
    I know a guy who knows a guy who knows THE GUY!
    Bob Luken:
    Daniel Reyes makes them. We're not quite sure how, though. I imagine Mt Doom in my mind...that's probably not even close.
    Bob Luken:
    OK I figured it out by googling "Stogie Stands" http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/562491.aspx Pretty cool. I'll keep my eye open next time I see the ceramic tile section at Lowes and Home Depot.
    smoke em if you got em:
    Bob Luken:
    I know a guy who knows a guy who knows THE GUY!
    Pretty cool. Thanks
    Umm..Bob. You're new here, so it's cool. I imagine in about three days(ish) that you'll have a stogie stand in the mail. Just sayin.
    Rain:
    Bob Luken:
    Daniel Reyes makes them. We're not quite sure how, though. I imagine Mt Doom in my mind...that's probably not even close.
    They're nice. He should market them.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Bob Luken:
    Rain:
    Bob Luken:
    I think so too. Im not sure if dan is still looking into a patent or anything. But we had some issues of some a-hole ashtray company ripping him off. At least it was a very fishy coincidence.... but Im sure Dan would gladly make you one! And Randy will color it! Don't mind the sharpie taste
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Bob Luken:
    Rain:
    Bob Luken:
    That can is so chock full a' worms, man...
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    I know the guy who created these. He's a really cool guy. Very handsome. He actually is selling them using Instagram and Twitter as advertising. He has sold quite a few already. He's selling them at a pace that he can handle.
    Btw, nice work Randy.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Dude, you are an artiste. Go ahead and quit the day job and focus on your artistic side :-)
    Almost forgot to ask, how does a Sharpie infused stick taste anyway?!?
    Heavy:
    Dude, you are an artiste. Go ahead and quit the day job and focus on your artistic side :-)
    The day job supplied the materials though! ;)
    Gray4lines:
    Heavy:
    No, I meant Rain needs to focus on his beautiful artistry. I know Daniel needs to keep his day job for the raw material supply, even though his artistry may be just a little more legit! ;-)
    Heavy:
    Gray4lines:
    Heavy:
    No, I meant Rain needs to focus on his beautiful artistry. I know Daniel needs to keep his day job for the raw material supply, even though his artistry may be just a little more legit! ;-)
    Ahhhhh, gotcha

Keep working, Randy
  • blurrblurr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 962
    reggie713:
    And some mad Artiste skills. What's the material hold up to temp wise anyways? Ill have to do some thinking on coatings but is it just plastic or ceramic?
    blurr:
    reggie713:
    And some mad Artiste skills. What's the material hold up to temp wise anyways? Ill have to do some thinking on coatings but is it just plastic or ceramic?
    It's a solid surface. The brand is Corian. The heat tolerance is around 215 deg F.
    Rain:
    Umm..Bob. You're new here, so it's cool. I imagine in about three days(ish) that you'll have a stogie stand in the mail. Just sayin.
    I would be honored to say the least. You guys are very welcoming and very helpful. I hope to be on the good traders list soon. My first trade is in the mail :)
    danielzreyes:
    blurr:
    reggie713:
    It's a solid surface. The brand is Corian. The heat tolerance is around 215 deg F.
    Well how in the hell am I going to smoke in a volcano then???
    Plus, maybe you guys don't know....that's not JUST a stogie stand. It's a prototype. kthxbai.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Daniel, I need to get a couple more of these. I don't tweet, and my phone is jacked up for instagram. How would one go about BUYING one if they don't do either?
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    mmccartneydc:
    Daniel, I need to get a couple more of these. I don't tweet, and my phone is jacked up for instagram. How would one go about BUYING one if they don't do either?
    +5
    ddubridge:
    mmccartneydc:
    +5
    PM to you both.