Home General Discussion

Flor de Oliva Cigars?

Smokin' JimSmokin' Jim Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 20
Hey guys, Just got the kiddo fed some supper and was planning a trip to the local B&M. I was wondering what you guys opinions of the Flor de Oliva cigar line is. I am quite new to smoking, but these things seem to be a 7 outta 10 star cigar and they only cost $ 3.25 each. Opinions?

Comments

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I liike them, good flavors, nice price. Sweet undertones with a bit of spice.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Smokin' Jim:
    Hey guys, Just got the kiddo fed some supper and was planning a trip to the local B&M. I was wondering what you guys opinions of the Flor de Oliva cigar line is. I am quite new to smoking, but these things seem to be a 7 outta 10 star cigar and they only cost $ 3.25 each. Opinions?
    I've hd one, I think a robusto... you get what you pay for most of the time with cigars, but this one wasn't too bad. It had a decent construction, decent draw and burned well... It just didn't change too much or "Wow" me. It wasn't bad, wasn't great, but an every day kinda smoke it was pretty decent given the price
  • nsezellnsezell Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    I really like them. I liked it enough that I bought a box of em to keep around. It's a smoke that I like when I watch a movie or sit at a bar with friends, or playing poker. It's cheap enough to give a few to friends, but it's still oliva tobacco and holds up to their standards. It's really one of the best cigar values out there.
  • Smokin' JimSmokin' Jim Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 20
    Honestly, I keep them around for just an everyday smoke. I take it to work in the morning, savor the taste and aroma of the fresh tobacco throughout the day and light it up at night when I have an hour and a half to just draw on it and enjoy it. I am new to cigar smoking, so it doesn't have to be the top shelf for me to enjoy it. I also picked up a Padron and a Torano along with the three Flor's that I went after tonight, so I will get the experience of those as well. I went to an event at my local B&M that featured Perdomo a couple of weeks ago and have become quite loyal to those so far. The awesome thing about all of this is that there is just a plethora of cigars and makers to try so I am very excited to test them all. Thanks for the input and you guys have a good one!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    they arent bad. not complex but not bad. i feel they do best in the robusto.

they also have some size thats crazy big like 10 x 70 or something. my shop gets em in every now and then. it kinda messes with people when you smoke one. they look at you like you are nuts. it gets old after a bit though.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Smokin' Jim:
    and they only cost $ 3.25 each. Opinions?

Shameless C.COM Plug

C.COM Has them at no more than $2.50 each, and then a fuzz less than that when you buy a bundle of 25!! ... Unless you are buying the Flor de Oliva Giants.

Thanks fellas for your thoughts, I too was wondering what these Oliva offspring were all about.