Home General Discussion

Where are the Patel Decades?

jaysalyerjaysalyer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8
I smoked my first Decade last night and really enjoyed it. It got it in the Ultimate Variety Sampler. When I went to CCOM to research it, I realized they didn't have it listed as a Patel offering. Where did they go?

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    This is a cigar that they are not allowed to list on their site. If you call them, they do offer them.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Great Cigar! My favorite!
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    There have been a lot of rumors that RP wants to make the Decade his version of the Opus X. Hard to come and exclusive but not ridiculously over priced. THat very well could be why he doesn't allow them to list it online.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    madurofan:
    Hard to come and exclusive but not ridiculously over priced.
    So like a hot chick that JUST lost her job and can't pay the rent so she decides you will be her first guy that will let you do stuff for money... right?

I'm going to start to call her

"Porsche Decade"
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Well I know where four RP Decade Toros are... Thanks to Geno. (gmill880) Geno sent me four after I started crying about not having any yet. Along with a CAO Gold Tubo, a Cusano Hermanos Vintage, and an El Rey del Mundo habano (shhh). King of the World ! it proclaims

All of these are new to me... So I am pretty excited about trying each of them Thanks you Gene.. You are a generous brother, and a thank you card is forthcoming.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Kas that ERDM is one of my absolute favorites -I hope you enjoy them all !!!
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    rwheelwright:
    This is a cigar that they are not allowed to list on their site. If you call them, they do offer them.
    we may still have some seconds also if you want to really get a good deal.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Alex Svenson:
    rwheelwright:
    I got ten of the 2nds a while back and they have all been excellent so far. I need to re-up soon actually, I only have like two left.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    alienmisprint:
    Alex Svenson:
    rwheelwright:
    I got ten of the 2nds a while back and they have all been excellent so far. I need to re-up soon actually, I only have like two left.
    How much do 10 of the 2nds run? I'm tempted to get in on some of those. I love the Decade! A buddy of mine has 3 or 4 left in a box he bought about a year and a half ago and they just get better and better with age!
    Alex Svenson:
    rwheelwright:
    Maybe this is my obsessive compulsive Cigar-der coming into play, but does anyone shy away from seconds???

I cannot pull myself to buy a second... Mainly for two reasons, I always keep my bands and collect them, so I cannot do that with seconds, and.... THEY'RE SECONDS! I cannot be with something that got rejected!!!! Why would I hang out by the punch bowl in the far back corner of the prom, when I can actually be on the dance floor with the head cheerleader?
    Lasabar:
    Alex Svenson:
    rwheelwright:
    Maybe this is my obsessive compulsive Cigar-der coming into play, but does anyone shy away from seconds???

I cannot pull myself to buy a second... Mainly for two reasons, I always keep my bands and collect them, so I cannot do that with seconds, and.... THEY'RE SECONDS! I cannot be with something that got rejected!!!! Why would I hang out by the punch bowl in the far back corner of the prom, when I can actually be on the dance floor with the head cheerleader?
    And the bad part is.... everyone here says that the 2nds taste just as great....

(Maybe I should hang out by the punch bowl... maybe the chick with the nerdy glasses is really a closet freak in bed!!!)
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Lasabar:
    Lasabar:
    Alex Svenson:
    rwheelwright:

And the bad part is.... everyone here says that the 2nds taste just as great....

(Maybe I should hang out by the punch bowl... maybe the chick with the nerdy glasses is really a closet freak in bed!!!)
    "What's my name? Say my name Bltch!"
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Lasabar:
    Alex Svenson:
    rwheelwright:

That head cheerleader might look a little better, but she's gonna cost you more too, and the return on your investment won't be anything different. Try the seconds, I think you'd be pleasantly surprised. I for one will be buying a bundle when I smoke down my supply of Decades. As much as I'm not a huge fan of RP cigars, I've got to hand it to the man for having great quality control, so great that even his seconds perform better than the boxed and banded offerings from other cigar makers.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    PuroFreak:
    How much do 10 of the 2nds run? I'm tempted to get in on some of those.
    You'd have to call them to be sure, but I want to say they were around $4-5 each.

j0z3r:
    Lasabar:
    Alex Svenson:
    rwheelwright:

That head cheerleader might look a little better, but she's gonna cost you more too, and the return on your investment won't be anything different. Try the seconds, I think you'd be pleasantly surprised. I for one will be buying a bundle when I smoke down my supply of Decades. As much as I'm not a huge fan of RP cigars, I've got to hand it to the man for having great quality control, so great that even his seconds perform better than the boxed and banded offerings from other cigar makers.
    Yeah, the worst problem I have run into on any RP 2nd (OWR Maduro and Corojo, ITC 10th Ann, and Decades) is a heavy vein here or there or maybe a crooked cap every now and then. I haven't had one yet that had any burn issues or smoked any worse than a first. I thought the same way for a while, but someone (I think it was zoomer) sent me a Perdomo ESV 2nd, and I seriously could not figure out why it was a 2nd. After that I ordered a bundle of the ITC 10th Ann 2nds, and they were all great. Give em a shot man, if you aren't happy with 'em, I'll take them off your hands.
  • HugemooseHugemoose Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 458
    Alex Svenson:
    rwheelwright:
    I think you'll be getting a call tomorrow about this!