Home General Discussion

wineador suggestions/advice

2»

Comments

• blurrblurr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 962
    Fans mounted in, rigged up my cheapo unit with some hot glue and connected the wires to the outside wall timer. Sealed the drip hole after wiring with hot glue, easy to remove if mistakes are made. I'm starting with running the fans for 1 minute every 3 hours, they really move air. Can't see it but the shape is a perfect radius in the back top, so when the fans run it makes great circular movement around the inside, empty at least. Few scraps of cedar and we're at my preferred humidity. Now to start loading a few boxes. Its perfect so far can't wait to fill it from my tupperdor aged boxes. Hopefully Forrest replies soon, I think just wanting 2 shelves isn't worth his time so if anyone had another shelving manufacturer let me know, I need 2 simple shelves for this build. 20130505_154525
    Well I finally got everything set up, and I moved it into my basement last night as upstairs temps were getting to 72. Its holding perfect 67 to 68rh on all 3 levels. I just have my small Island stash loaded so far, waiting on a box of Trini Reyes and Robainas to get here, then remaining area will slowly load up as I buy boxes this summer. I'm waiting on 2 cedar shelves to replace the racks, but they won't have much of an effect just aesthetic. I ended up programming the fan to run 1 minute every 2 hours, it keeps all 3 levels at the same rh easily enough. This thing has SO MUCH room. All in all, it will be just under $300 for the total. Than includes the 2 DC fans, the programmable digital timer, and the 2 cedar shelves from forrest. Love the look and I can't wait to get it all filled up.
    2013-05-17 16.38.13
    And then just an idea of my fan timer. 20 bucks for this programmable timer, the fans are connected to an adapter I found around the house with a matching voltage, and the plug simply goes into the timer. For 20 dollars this timer is fantastic, any mixture of on and off times you can imagine with up to 50 settings. Like I mentioned I use 12 times, from 8am to 8:01am, 10am to 10:01am etc.
    20130512_191823