Home General Discussion

All these new cigars!

alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
So, in order to sell off the stuff I did, I had to go to the local B&M here and pick up some Boveda packs to ship with them -side note- how cool are the new little Boveda packs? Anywho, while there, of course I had to go in the walk-in to check out the selection. While in there, I saw a ton of new stuff. I ended up picking up a Namabuki perfecto and a Chupa Cabre (sp?). Has anyone had either of these? Opinions? I also was interested in the Foundry, it looked pretty nice. Any other new stuff I should be on the lookout for?

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Hahaha, kind of defeats the purpose of selling ;)

Is the nama the room 101 with red/black label? I really enoyed that one, but havent had the perfecto. Havent heard much on foundry. I really like all the room 101's.
  • Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 278
    I have had the Foundry and it is quite good. Medium to full if I remember right. They also made some neat shapes. And they come with a nifty little gear cog band...thingie...lol
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Gray4lines:

Yeah man, lol. I downsized my collection to all fit in my wine-cooler-dor, lol. As jammed as it is, there's always room to fit one or cigars in it. ;)

So no one knows anything about the Chupa Cabra? There is another liga by the same makers there, although the name escapes me atm. The owner said it was a bit more full-bodied than the Chupa, though.
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    alienmisprint:
    Gray4lines:

Yeah man, lol. I downsized my collection to all fit in my wine-cooler-dor, lol. As jammed as it is, there's always room to fit one or cigars in it. ;)

So no one knows anything about the Chupa Cabra? There is another liga by the same makers there, although the name escapes me atm. The owner said it was a bit more full-bodied than the Chupa, though.
    I believe the Chupa Cabra is an Esteban Carreras label. Is that the one you are referring to? I know I enjoyed it, but I don't remember details. The other line you may be thinking of by him is the Covenant. I liked that one more than the Chupa Cabra. It gave off some musky flavors reminiscent of Kelner blends.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Personally, I'm looking forward to the black label from Sam Leccia.
    ndhaon91:
    alienmisprint:
    Gray4lines:

I believe the Chupa Cabra is an Esteban Carreras label. Is that the one you are referring to? I know I enjoyed it, but I don't remember details. The other line you may be thinking of by him is the Covenant. I liked that one more than the Chupa Cabra. It gave off some musky flavors reminiscent of Kelner blends.

Yeah, that's the one. I'll probably get to it tomorrow.

Smoked the Namabuki today, it was fantastic. It was a toro-ish perfecto. I think it very well may be box-worthy, especially considering they are a limited run. Also ended up having a Tat Anarchy today. Man they are great, they age extremely well. I wish I had picked up more of them than I did now.
    Had the Chupa Cabra today, wasn't really impressed. Not bad really, just nothing that stood out either.