Home Non Cigar Related

My Job Search

2»

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Glad you got it done! Enjoy the ride, too bad it wasn't out here...
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    This is how good stuff gets done.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    Cool stuff... nonprofit organizations are good for the soul.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Thanks, guys. Now I need to find a buddy or five to herf with in the Memphis area.

The organization I'm with focuses on job skills and employment, graduating 90 some odd people each year from the program with a high job placement rate. But the program is maxed out on space. The GED component runs separately to some extent, so we are moving out of the main offices to another site. I will basically be coordinating and facilitating the spiritual aspects of the program along with teaching. Basically, I'll act as a chaplain to the students and teachers as needed while I work on gradually expanding the job program to our new facilities as well.

To start, we're going to try to incorporate a "job lite" program as a voluntary "honors" component to the GED classes. Mainly, this component will allow our GED students access to our job referral, placement, and recommendation pipeline. We have more jobs and apprenticeships to offer than we have graduates from the job program, but we need to have some more contact with the students before we're comfortable referring them to our employers, and some of them do need additional skills. We don't want to dilute our "brand image" by recommending bad candidates.