Home Non Cigar Related

Your Phone Bill..

RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
If you don't mind, please post your provider, plan and bill. I'm trying to get an idea of if I need to switch providers. I have Verizon, one smartphone and one non smartphone. I have a 2GB data plan, unlimited calling and tex. I pay roughly 160 a month, which I think is a lot..

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    That's a lot bro. My wife and I have the same plan through At&t $145
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    danielzreyes:
    That's a lot bro. My wife and I have the same plan through At&t $145
    Both phones
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Yeah that is a lot , we have Verizon 2gb unlimited everything and only pay 160 both phones
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Ouch! I have two Android phones on Verizon with unlimited talk/text/data for about $160/month. I really don't want to upgrade my phones since I'll have to update/downgrade my plan to non-unlimited data, but these HTC Thunderbolts are kind of slow with the recent OS update. Oh, I also get a small discount on my plan for being a teacher/union member. They have a ton of categories to get a discount, so definitely see if you qualify for something.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    SleevePlz:
    Ouch! I have two Android phones on Verizon with unlimited talk/text/data for about $160/month. I really don't want to upgrade my phones since I'll have to update/downgrade my plan to non-unlimited data, but these HTC Thunderbolts are kind of slow with the recent OS update. Oh, I also get a small discount on my plan for being a teacher/union member. They have a ton of categories to get a discount, so definitely see if you qualify for something.
    I get 10% if I show them my Military ERB, but they want the full thing. Lots of stuff on there that they don't need to know...
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Rain ... check out https://www.billshrink.com/ for some comparisons

I haven't used it for smartphones, but used it the last few times we've moved to compare TV/Internet providers
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Used to have att 1smartphone and 2 regular phones paid $180 a month.
    Shortly after my contract ran out I ditched it and got straight talk 3 smart phones (prepaid) that piggy back on Verizon's network for $135.

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    Sprint.... 4 phones.... Android or Iphone.... unlimited data and text.... 3500 minutes (never come anywhere remotely close *only used if you're calling a landline *mobile to mobile doesn't count against minutes).... $160.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    Verizon, 5 smartphones, 1600 anytime, 3 unlimited data plans, 2 5gb data plans, 1 mobile hotspot, ~270-300 a month depending on what discounts I qualify for.

FYI, you can get your verizon discount by just giving them your mail.mil or us.army.mil email addy on their site and responding back to an email. You will have to call a person afterward to get applied immediately to your bill instead of taking 2 months, but it is easier than the form stuff.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    at&t with 2 smartphones (one i one android), unlimited texting, more minutes than I use in a month, but only the smallest data plan (i hog free wifi all day long, and data kills my phone's battery like nothing else, so i minimize it anyway) costs us $135.55/month. The minutes are shared, data isn't on our plan.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    verizon... 2 iPhone plan Grandfathered unlimited data and i;m not sure shared min (1200 I think)...147 a month.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    Android phone ..... I'm about to purchase an iPhone 4S I use strait talk for my service my plan is unlimited talk n text and 2gigs of data but they are switching it to unlimited (I hear capped at 4g) .... My bill is always 49 bucks after taxes. The nice thing is hey have Verizon at and t and print phones..... Depending on the phone that's who's network you're piggy backing off of.
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 714
    That is high, we have 1 I-phone and 2 Androids with unlimited everything plus damage insurance and pay 200.00 a month. Check that bill for add-ons that you did not ask for.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Here is my breakdown. $40 for the smartphone, $30 for the non. $60 for 2GB shared and unlimited talk and text. That comes out to $130 a month, so they must tax me like $30, because monthly I pay $160.
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 714
    I just looked at the share everything sample plan: 2 smarts 1 non smart and 4GB is advertised at 180.00 @ verizon.com
  • mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    I used to do T- mobile prepay / pay as you go, 100 bucks for something like 1200 minutes talk and text, good for a year, usually lasted me about 2.5-3 months. Will never go back to a paid plan unless they do away with prepay. I have an unlocked BB and with everybody and their brother having free wifi why pay for a data plan?
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    lets see verizon, 2 smart phones,unlimted minutes, text, 5gb data $143,
    wait i get a corperate discount from my job of 17% thats included