Home Non Cigar Related

Dagnabbit Wi-Fi

macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
Verizon just pushed Jelly-Bean to my phone and I have now lost the Wi-Fi hotspot I paid for along time ago. I bought the app prior to the Verizon sponsored hotspot. Now if I want to use my phones capabilities I have to change my plan; and lose my unlimited data package. Darn you!!!

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I don't have Verizon but if you paid for it, shouldn't you still have it? Or at least the updated one. You can always root your phone and get the tether app, which is what I have. I would never pay their fees for tethering. Also, I didn't know Verizon had a unlimited data plan? I though Sprint was the only one.
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    phobicsquirrel:
    I don't have Verizon but if you paid for it, shouldn't you still have it? Or at least the updated one. You can always root your phone and get the tether app, which is what I have. I would never pay their fees for tethering. Also, I didn't know Verizon had a unlimited data plan? I though Sprint was the only one.
    Verizon used to have an unlimited plan and alot of people were grandfathered in. I don't remember the rules you had to do to keep it. But right now Sprint is the only unlimited carrier that new customers can still get as far as i know.
    ah, well that must have been some time ago. at least they did that.
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    Last year or the year before i don't remember exactly when it was.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    June 28 last year was the last day to get the unlimited data for new customers... my wife and I have had this plan for almost 5 years now. My tethering app is not blocked but cannot use the WiFi hotspot feature. For us grandfathered in we get to purchase the right to use what our phone are capable of already. Guess root is incoming but liked having a non-rooted phone for couple years.
    macs-smokes:
    June 28 last year was the last day to get the unlimited data for new customers... my wife and I have had this plan for almost 5 years now. My tethering app is not blocked but cannot use the WiFi hotspot feature. For us grandfathered in we get to purchase the right to use what our phone are capable of already. Guess root is incoming but liked having a non-rooted phone for couple years.
    That sucks. Why are you against root? I have a great app, rootkeeper. I can un root with a click to do updates over the air, then click on the app again to root. Very easy now-a-days.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    Not so against root... just have gotten used to not having to watch for updates