Home Non Cigar Related

Pentagon ceases Drone pilot medals amid backlash

xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
Not only honoring someone who never stepped foot on the battlefield, these drone pilot medals would've ranked above many medals for those who served in combat, like the Purple Heart

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/12/official-hagel-orders-review-new-cyber-medal/

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Drone pilot medals, now I've heard it all.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    Man! You sure are good at playing that video game. Here's a medal!
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    I certainly don't feel that any such honor accorded should "outrank" medals for valor and heroism in the face of death, but I also feel that something is being overlooked.

So, what recognition does conscience deserve? Because, when these boys wake up in the morning, their efforts are front page news. Real consequences. Real buildings blow up, real people died.

How would that sit with yourselves?

Something to think about.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Amos Umwhat:
    I certainly don't feel that any such honor accorded should "outrank" medals for valor and heroism in the face of death, but I also feel that something is being overlooked.

So, what recognition does conscience deserve? Because, when these boys wake up in the morning, their efforts are front page news. Real consequences. Real buildings blow up, real people died.

How would that sit with yourselves?

Something to think about.
    Guess you do got a point. Even if they aren't in harms way they are still hitting the fire button. And that has to play on someone's soul.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    yeah these should if continued be next in line to the gwot medal. or next to an achievement medal. though i never put much stock in medals and ribbons. i have more than my uncle and he did four tours in NAM. most of mine we're from just being in and at certain places at certain times. i really only feel i earned a couple.