Home General Discussion

Curious why we can't buy Humidification Beads here at C.com

KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
I've come to the decision I need more/new beads. I then thought ,"Hey. I'll just get them from C.Com". Nope. Not here. Kinda curious why that is. No biggee. I can get them elsewhere. I figured, I'd like to give C.Com the $$$ though (instead of someone esle).

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Probably not a large enough market that a supplier is out there for them. Then consider that really they are just 100% silica and the same thing you find in kitty litter and moisture beads at the nursery/gardening section of the hardware store. There are probably not many folks buying beads really, although I do I agree they are superior and am an avid fan of Exquisicat.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    catfishbluezz:
    Probably not a large enough market that a supplier is out there for them. Then consider that really they are just 100% silica and the same thing you find in kitty litter and moisture beads at the nursery/gardening section of the hardware store. There are probably not many folks buying beads really, although I do I agree they are superior and am an avid fan of Exquisicat.

Which is why Exquisicat is on my shopping list this week!
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    Toombes:
    catfishbluezz:

Which is why Exquisicat is on my shopping list this week!
    Wish I would have known. I have 5 lbs extra. I could have sent you some.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    I am curious. The product (Exquisicat) says that it is good at removing odors. Does it remove that wonderful tobacco/cedar smell of my humidor also?
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    havent noticed any affect on the aroma but I havent been using it that long.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    beatnic:
    I am curious. The product (Exquisicat) says that it is good at removing odors. Does it remove that wonderful tobacco/cedar smell of my humidor also?
    yeah don't want that. That smell makes me feel like I'm in heaven.
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    beatnic:

It will absorb odor that would directly come in contact with it... IE... cat pee. It wont pull odor into it. Cat litter is great for a stable RH environment but it is still not 100% 2 way humidification. It needs to be trained to the RH you want it at. I spritzed it down and it shot to 78RH. Put some dry on top of the spritzed came down to 64RH. One more little spray and boom 68/69RH. After a few weeks of this being rock solid I popped in a bunch of Boveda packs on each rack of the wineador and still perfect.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Vision:
    beatnic:

It will absorb odor that would directly come in contact with it... IE... cat pee. It wont pull odor into it. Cat litter is great for a stable RH environment but it is still not 100% 2 way humidification. It needs to be trained to the RH you want it at. I spritzed it down and it shot to 78RH. Put some dry on top of the spritzed came down to 64RH. One more little spray and boom 68/69RH. After a few weeks of this being rock solid I popped in a bunch of Boveda packs on each rack of the wineador and still perfect.
    ive had 65 rh heartfelt do the exact same thing as well. You just have to get used to the feel of them. I haven't noticed any odor loss myself.