Home General Discussion

Evento Puro Humo - Nicaragua 2013

rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604

Usually I keep track of all the cigars events in Nicaragua but somehow I missed this largest cigar event. This is another reason why I need to change my current secretary. However, an unknown source sent me this invitation via email this afternoon who wouldn’t disclose his or her name. The invitation says- your good cigar friend and excited to meet you at the event, table number etc.etc. Hmmm…I like surprises.

The Nicaraguan Association of Tobacco announces next March, in Managua, in order to present the best product brands in the country. The Nicaraguan Association of Tobacco, ANT, prepares the tasting of the 13 best brands of cigars for March 15 in Managua, as announced today Nestor Plasencia, president of the organization. "We want to present to the Nicaraguans, smokers fans, executives of multinational companies and the best brands of cigars made in Nicaragua. (Just as) emphasize the attributes and qualities of the companies and their products, "said Plasencia. Plasencia said that those attending the event will receive a gift of 39 cigars, at three different brands for each participating company. They can also observe and interact with a group of cigar artisans.

All top Nicaraguan cigar makers will be there- very exciting. I will keep you posted.
Photobucket

Comments

• ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    rzaman:
    will keep you posted.
    Please do!
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Just came back from the cigar event. It was a lot of fun and collected all the top cigar samples from Nicaragua. Met some old cigar folks Orlando and George Padron, J. Drew, Nestor Placensia but the highlight and most interesting part was to meet Pepin (the first time) and Jamie Garcia. I have to say They are the most humble non-Cuban cigar makers I have ever met in my life. I never tried hard to meet Pepin in person but I knew couple of their marketing people. Pepin and Jamie personally invited me to visit their factory and I told them that I have already made the plan. Anyway, now I am more excited to visit My Father. Jamie personally assured me to show A to Z. He doesn't speak english but I don't speak perfect Spanish either. I think I will be fine with my poor Spanish.

I will write more about the cigar event with pictures this weekend. Stay tuned...
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    That sounds awesome Rip! We can't wait to hear about what happens in your journeys! I really enjoy your photos and story telling, just makes it so real. Thanks!

Some pictures of the top Nicaraguan cigar samplers from the event. I will talk about the event with pictures tonight in a separate thread:
    photo CC2002-2_zps7a542c76.jpg photo CC2015_zps4917b3fe.jpg photo CC2014-1_zpsf81e152f.jpg photo CC2013-2_zpsbcaf03f7.jpg photo CC2012-1_zpsf8684220.jpg photo CC2011-2_zps37963bbd.jpg
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    Nice to see they treated you well Raz. Sounds like a great event. Bet the factory visits will be even better now. Thank for sharing!
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    Nice to see they treated you well Raz. Sounds like a great event. Bet the factory visits will be even better now. Thank for sharing!!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530

These are some quick pics from last night Cigar Event- “Puro Humo 2013” in Managua. The goal of this event was to introduce top Nicaraguan cigars to the Nicaraguan smokers, Multi-National Corporation, Diplomats and the Government Officials who are not very familiar with Nicaraguan brands. Almost all the major Nicaraguan cigar makers gathered together and introduced themselves as well as their products- such as Plasencia, My father, Padron, Drew Estate, Perdomo, A. J. Fernandez, Scandinavian Tobacco, Joya de Nicaragua, Oliva and more. Total 13 cigar top Nicaraguan manufacturer gathered at this event. I also saw Colins the editor of Cigar Journal magazine. I also saw him in the Partagas cigar festival in Cuba in December/12. I talked to all of them for a short period of time with knowing they were busy with promoting their products. Here are some pictures:

Three cigar legends Nestor Plasencia Sr., Orlando padron and Don Pepin garcia:
    photo DSCN2736_zpsfbef5a69.jpg photo DSCN2727_zpsb05313ec.jpg photo DSCN2726_zpscb27ca42.jpg photo DSCN2714_zps2449655d.jpg photo DSCN2708_zps02a61141.jpg photo DSCN2704_zpsa587d8ab.jpg photo DSCN2700_zps1f0326be.jpg photo DSCN2693_zpsad3cadc9.jpg photo DSCN2701_zps9a0e1f25.jpg photo DSCN2733_zps82c7c9f1.jpg
    I am very excited. I am heading to My Father Factory tomorrow morning at 6 AM. It is two and half hours drive from the capital Managua. Esteli is now plucking tobacco leaves. This is the season to see the tall plants. I will report about it as soon as I can.
    bearb:
    Nice to see they treated you well Raz. Sounds like a great event. Bet the factory visits will be even better now. Thank for sharing!
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    rzaman:
    I am very excited. I am heading to My Father Factory tomorrow morning at 6 AM. It is two and half hours drive from the capital Managua. Esteli is now plucking tobacco leaves. This is the season to see the tall plants. I will report about it as soon as I can.
    bearb:
    Awesome to hear you had such a large time my friend, enjoy the trip and cannot wait to hear your stories about MF and Jamie and DPG and see the pictures!
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    rzaman:
    bearb:
    Have a great and safe trip Rip