Home General Discussion

Lookin for a certain type of cigar

jfacianejfaciane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 242
Maybe some of you pros can help me out with some suggestions here. I'm looking for something in a cigar that I haven't really found yet. I would like to smoke a cigar that has a oily wrapper and blows a thick white smoke with a smooth creamy finish. Any suggestions as to what may satisfy this craving I have? EDIT: I forgot to mention, I prefer a mild cigar.

Comments

• RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Hmmm. To me, Genesis the Project has the oily wrapper plus a ton of smoke. Maybe a MOW PA, but that's not really oily.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    MOW PA is full bodied in my opinion.

Do you like maduros? I'd say CAO l'anniversarie Maduro might fit that bill - oily, lots of smoke output and creamy, but with a chocolatey maduro finish. Probably a solid medium, but not really spicy so it smokes a little less full than it really is for me anyway (if that makes any sense at all). Hmmm, I'll keep thinking...
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Missed the mild part, chalk that up to the Jager. Cross of the MOW PA, that thing is no joke.
  • jfacianejfaciane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 242
    Well I just ordered some EP Carillo New Wave Brilliantes from the sprint sale and the description seemed to fit what I was looking for, except the oily-ness I was looking for. Thanks for the replies guys and I'll keep looking also.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Angelenos by fuente & jdn celebracion
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    Why are you specifically looking for an oily wrapper? Not meaning that negatively, just wondering. I usually don't go any further than flavor, size, and construction quality.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    jgibv:
    Angelenos by fuente
    oily...check
    Think white somke...check
    Smooth creamy finish...check
    Mild...check
    I think we might have a winner. And even better, It's an awesome morning somke with coffee. should at least give her a try.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Oily wrappers typically mean darker wrappers IMO. My guess is look for ecuadorian Connecticut, as the wrapper does not need the shade of the USA so they are a bit darker and more full flavored without being overpowering. I would suggest Avo 787, Julius Cesaer, la aurora preferidos Connecticut Ecuador, angelenos, avo classic or xo, and anything else with that wrapper really
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Another great mild, but not oily, is perdomo champagne
    ddubridge:
    jgibv:
    Angelenos by fuente
    oily...check
    Mild...check
    I think we might have a winner. And even better, It's an awesome morning somke with coffee. should at least give her a try.
    Outstanding work gentlemen! I will be buying this one ASAP.
    bbass2:
    Why are you specifically looking for an oily wrapper? Not meaning that negatively, just wondering. I usually don't go any further than flavor, size, and construction quality.
    Well, to be honest, I just remember seeing other people smoke cigars in bars or movies and I always thought, hey that looks pretty good! Know that I've started smoking cigars I want what I remembered as a kid seeing and possibly the smell too. If that makes any sense?
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    Yep that makes sense and looks like you have some good suggestions.
    catfishbluezz:
    Another great mild, but not oily, is perdomo champagne
    I've bad the champagne and loved it, heck the whole Perdomo line is fantastic if you ask me. Again, thanks guys for all the recommendations. I'll be purchasing a few of these to enjoy at a later date!
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    jfaciane:
    ddubridge:
    jgibv:
    Angelenos by fuente
    oily...check
    Mild...check
    These are still up in the clearance section of c.com. Pretty good deal. Otherwise there is a fiver that shows up on sprintsale.com and can be had for around 5 bucks a piece shipped.

I also had a E.P. Short Run this morning. Mild to Med and tons of smoke.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    ddubridge:
    jfaciane:
    ddubridge:
    jgibv:
    Angelenos by fuente
    oily...check
    Mild...check
    These are still up in the clearance section of c.com. Pretty good deal. Otherwise there is a fiver that shows up on sprintsale.com and can be had for around 5 bucks a piece shipped.

I also had a E.P. Short Run this morning. Mild to Med and tons of smoke.
    Yes!! Let us know what you think .... the 10-pack price in the CCOM clearance section is an absolute steal IMHO