Home General Discussion

shipping lighters

james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
I need to ship a torch lighter and it has some butane in it. is there a quick way to purge or remove all of the fluid first besides just burning it? Is it okay to send a lighter with butane in it?

Comments

• MESKCMESKC Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206
    You need to empty before shipping. Just use a pen and let the butane out where you fill it.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    MESKC:
    You need to empty before shipping. Just use a pen and let the butane out where you fill it.
    You sir are a rock star. Thanks man, that was quick and obvious but eluded me.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Just don't use an ink pen....or a mighty fine mess you will have.... I use a small screwdriver.

Used a pen once....ink everywhere LOL....
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    catfishbluezz:
    Just don't use an ink pen....or a mighty fine mess you will have.... I use a small screwdriver.

I did use an ink pen but got lucky as nothing happened. It did ruin the pen as far as writing. Thanks for tip!
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    james40:
    catfishbluezz:

I did use an ink pen but got lucky as nothing happened. It did ruin the pen as far as writing. Thanks for tip!
    Yeah, when it happened it pushed the ball up and the fluid started fillign the pen, then it backfired out the tip...not fun.
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    Bad experiences are often good teachers. Best to learn from other people's bad experiences whenever possible. This sounds like one of those times. Thanks for the tip Dustin. Ink is very challenging to clean up.