Home Non Cigar Related

Another reason I hate Richard Sherman

RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
From NFL.com. There is no offseason for Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman. When he isn't on the field showing off the talents that have made him one of the NFL's top cornerbacks, Sherman has a second full-time gig showcasing himself as a personality. Perhaps having sensed he's disappeared from the headlines for several days, Sherman showed up Thursday on the ESPN yellfest "First Take," where he set his sights on lightning rod pundit Skip Bayless. Sherman eviscerated Bayless on live airwaves, sending the program down a rolling river of awkwardness ("First Take" co-host Stephen A. Smith might still be sitting in front of a camera with his mouth open). Bayless tried his best to steer the debate back Sherman's past comments about Darrelle Revis, but Sherman was having none of it. "I am intelligent enough and capable enough to understand that you are ignorant, pompous, egotistical, cretin and that's what it comes down to," said Sherman, angered by Bayless' pro-Revis remarks on prior telecasts. "And I'm going to crush you on here in front of everybody because I'm tired of hearing about it." With the offseason under way, Around The League examines what's next for all 32 teams. Dan Hanzus covers the Seahawks. "In my 24 years of life, I'm better at life than you." Whatever. ESPN gets exactly what it wants, which is buzz for one of its signature shows. Sherman succeeds by placing himself back in the national discussion. As for the rest of us, it counts as modest pleasure that promises diminishing returns.

Comments