Home General Discussion

Going to visit My Father

rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
I am going to take a two days of trip to My Father cigar factory. Please let me know if you have any question you would like me to ask Jamie Garcia.

Comments

• big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    Hope you have a great time Rip, I have a question are they ever gonna do a cigar bunching and rolling by don Pepin and Jaime Garcia cigar again, have a great time
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    That is awesome Rip, have a great time. My question is can I come? J/k, enjoy the trip.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Great question Jesus. I will ask Jamie. I have two goals- take tons of picture for my book and collect Pepin and Jamie's personal sticks. I have got some from Hiroshi Robina during my trip to Cuba. These cigars are best of the best. Every cigar makers roll some cigars for personal consumption.
    big chunks:
    Hope you have a great time Rip, I have a question are they ever gonna do a cigar bunching and rolling by don Pepin and Jaime Garcia cigar again, have a great time
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    It would be interesting to see how good they're personal cigars are, also do they still smoke Cuban Cigars
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Wow, I'm so jealous , ha.ve a great time. Love my father line.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Yeah ask him if I can have a free box of Blues.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    I want more info on 10th anniversary DPG limited edition. I hear it's off of the DPG blue format.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    That's awesome Rip enjoy and congrats! I'd be interested in knowing more details about his upcoming 10 th Anniversary and his DPG 10th? Thanks a ton brother really :)
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    Rip I am going to say I am jealous... but only in the good way... that sounds like an awesome trip.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    rzaman:
    I am going to take a two days of trip to My Father cigar factory. Please let me know if you have any question you would like me to ask Jamie Garcia.
    Ask him who he thinks Sean's going to give the final rose to on the season finale of The Bachelor!
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    y2pascoe:
    rzaman:
    Ask him who he thinks Sean's going to give the final rose to on the season finale of The Bachelor!
    Lol, yes everyone wants to know that, and the mystery behind the letter. Not saying I watch it or anything.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Ask them what they plan to do with all the capital they are accumulating with the FDLA being the number one cigar and selling like wildfire. Then tell them they need to make another conny broadleaf lancero like the original El Truinfador...it was sooo damn tasty lol.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Ask them if they're ever gonna come up with another My Father line, and what their favorite cigars are that aren't theirs. Also ask what they smoke when kicking around the factory, like how AJ Fernandez smoked his puro's and then made them available.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
  • Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 278
    I got a question...Can you take me with you? lol
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Rip, I say this in all honesty, you are working hard on this thing. Sure, you get some nice perks: travel, cigars, meeting great people. But I really enjoy your posts on here and learn so much from you. I can't wait to see the completed book. I know it's a labor, mostly of love, but labor nonetheless. I hope you enjoy.

As far as questions to ask...some good ones have already been suggested. I really don't have anything to add.
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    How many factories are you going to visit? How do you decide which ones to visit?
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922
    Have a great time Rip
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    that was one of the nicest factories ive seen

if you have not been there you will enjoy it. i know i did.
    I have compiled all the questions. In fact, Pepin Garcia will be there so I will ask both Pepin and Jamie. I am going there next Monday so you still have some time to ask. Thanks!
    Ben, I am going to visit Pepin's tobacco plantation and the factory only. Next time I am going to visit BrickHouse factory of Olivaros. Since Pepin's cigar ranked number one so I thought I will visit them this time though I am not a huge Pepin fan.
    bbass2:
    How many factories are you going to visit? How do you decide which ones to visit?
    Sure...come to Nicaragua LOL
    Jasonc1982:
    I got a question...Can you take me with you? lol
    Juinn & Brett, I will try to find some information about the 10th Anniversary release. However, blenders never reveal their blends. When they talk about the fillers, usually they always hide one or two fillers tobaccos. They are all in business so they maintain secrecy. However, there are some ways to discover close to the truth-:) Stay tuned...
    jliu:
    I want more info on 10th anniversary DPG limited edition. I hear it's off of the DPG blue format.
    Hi Eric, thanks for you nice words. I do love cigar and the culture around it. I have been working last couple years collecting the facts. On top of everything it has been a great journey and fun!
    Martel:
    Rip, I say this in all honesty, you are working hard on this thing. Sure, you get some nice perks: travel, cigars, meeting great people. But I really enjoy your posts on here and learn so much from you. I can't wait to see the completed book. I know it's a labor, mostly of love, but labor nonetheless. I hope you enjoy.

As far as questions to ask...some good ones have already been suggested. I really don't have anything to add.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    No questions....just mad jelly!!
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    rzaman:
    Cello on or off????? lol,, Have Fun!!!
    Seriously though would you try to get Janny's digits for me!?!?
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    The Kid:
    rzaman:
    Cello on or off????? lol,, Have Fun!!!
    Seriously though would you try to get Janny's digits for me!?!?
    Now we are talkin!!! Lol...
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    rzaman:
    Juinn & Brett, I will try to find some information about the 10th Anniversary release. However, blenders never reveal their blends. When they talk about the fillers, usually they always hide one or two fillers tobaccos. They are all in business so they maintain secrecy. However, there are some ways to discover close to the truth-:) Stay tuned...
    jliu:
    Much much appreciated Rip!! Any way that you and I could work out some deal for me to get DPG's autograph? Like I said he is kinda my cigar idol so that would be more than a little amazing... No worries either way but PM me if you are up for working something out. Thanks Rip!
    Just came back from My father factory and plantation tour. This is by far one of the best and most memorable cigar & research tour I have ever experienced. I thought Jamie will guide me but Pepin himself drove me around and educated me about his operation, tobacco and others. I got all the answers you guys wanted to know. I am very tired now and will start adding information to my Diary from Nicaragua thread from next weekend.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    !!!! looking forward to jearing about it!