Home General Discussion

Box suggestions for new baby girl

rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
So guys some of you will remember I got a box of my fathers 2 years ago when my sone was born. Smoking one each year on his birthday and writing him a letter that goes in the box. On his 18th he gets the box of letters and we smoke the last 2. I stole this idea off someone here

Anyway we are having a girl mid June and want to do the same thing for here. I just don't have a good idea of what to get. I have been out of the cigar loop for a while.

Can you give me some ideas?

Comments

• nickiamnickiam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 603
    If you want to stay with Don Pepin Garcias the Flor de Antillas would be a good choice.
  • ehehatehehat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    rossdavey2:
    So guys some of you will remember I got a box of my fathers 2 years ago when my sone was born. Smoking one each year on his birthday and writing him a letter that goes in the box. On his 18th he gets the box of letters and we smoke the last 2. I stole this idea off someone here

Anyway we are having a girl mid June and want to do the same thing for here. I just don't have a good idea of what to get. I have been out of the cigar loop for a while.

Can you give me some ideas?
    I dont know what to suggest but wow, that is a really neat thing to do for your kids. almost makes me want to have another one just so I could do that.....almost.
  • nickiamnickiam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 603
    Actually, considering it is a girl, you should do the La Duenas. The la duenas were a blend done by janny garcia and pete johnson....plus, there is a silhouette of a female on the band
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Keeping with the "girl" theme ---- how about Tres Reynas ??
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    I am thinking a nice looking box would be good. She could use it as a jewelry box after. So I guess a good cigar that will hold up for 18 years, kind of, and a nice looking box.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    I was trying to come up with something to for my daughter due in 3 weeks. I was also thinking La Duenas, or queen b's
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    Glock1975:
    I was trying to come up with something to for my daughter due in 3 weeks. I was also thinking La Duenas, or queen b's
    Yeah looking at the La Duenas they might be a winner.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    rossdavey2:
    Glock1975:
    They are very good! Congrats man!
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    jgibv:

Well, there went my idea...
    I think Tres Reynas and Flor de las Antilles would be great choices.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    rossdavey2:
    Glock1975:
    Great smoke and I think they'll age well. I bought a box in memory of my mother to do something similar but I suppose more morbid. Not to cast negative light on that choice.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Toombes:
    jgibv:

Well, there went my idea...
    I think Tres Reynas and Flor de las Antilles would be great choices.
    Great minds think alike, Dan. :-D
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    I found my future daughters cigar thanks to some help. EmIlio Draig K. My wife and I are welsh/ Irish and our daughter name will be Bryn. "The “K” designation and Welsh theme recognize and honor both my family heritage, and the first initial of my friend Ken, a Welshman who died in a tragic auto accident at about the same time I was finishing this blend. The band was created by a friend of both mine and Ken’s who happens to be a children’s book illustrator, thus the pastel colors. You can save the “pink” comments folks, I’ve already heard it, and it’s not changing. To me this a priceless remembrance of a dear friend."
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Very cool Ray! Looks amazing!