Home General Discussion

Tampa, FL B&M?

Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
Hello brothers, I haven't been around much lately, but looking around a little makes me miss it! I'll try and have more fun with yous guys!

Anyways, I'm headed to Tampa this weekend, and wondered if anyone knew of a good cigar place? I will be very close to downtown (Marriott Waterside) and would like to visit a place close by (I wont have a car).

I googled some places, but wondered if anyone had some experience with any and could recommend one. Thanks!

Comments

• ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    If you're staying at the Marriot Waterside I remember then you're close to Ybor City. I believe the nearest B&M to you will be Nichabana Cigars on East 7th Street. Definitely not within walking distance but should be able to get there in about 15-20 minutes depending on traffic. I'd also recommend El Sol Cigars in Ybor City, it's the oldest shop in Tampa.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Ybor's a fun place, but don't stay too long. Nothing good happens in Ybor late at night; and never go to an ATM after dark.

If you find yourself with a ride, be sure to check out my favorite B&M, Tampa Humidor. Great place with a really nice selection; bring your own sticks if you want, the owner's really chill so long as you buy something from the humi. Pipe smoking is welcome, but cigarettes are banned :)
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    xmacro:
    Ybor's a fun place, but don't stay too long. Nothing good happens in Ybor late at night; and never go to an ATM after dark.

If you find yourself with a ride, be sure to check out my favorite B&M, Tampa Humidor. Great place with a really nice selection; bring your own sticks if you want, the owner's really chill so long as you buy something from the humi. Pipe smoking is welcome, but cigarettes are banned :)

If you're in Ybor after dark, you better not be alone that's for sure!
    I'd forgotten about Tampa Humidor... You would think I'd remember these places considering I lived there for 5 yrs.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    When I was there last fall I looked for shops, only found one, as I didn't have much time. I think that the one Xmacro mentions was one that I looked for, but had moved? There was some kind of dry-cleaner where I went, but there was also a great Irish Pub about 100' away, so that wasn't a total loss.

At any rate, I eventually did find a place called Edwards Pipe & Tobacco, 3235 Henderson Blvd. The people there treated me very well, at least those who worked there, there was one "Elitist" smoking at the bar. They had a great selection, reasonable prices, I'll go back next time I'm there.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Hey Gray4lines - just got a coupon from Tampa Humidor, 10% off thru March 9, just mention the coupon code "MARCH10" at the register when you check out.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    xmacro:
    Hey Gray4lines - just got a coupon from Tampa Humidor, 10% off thru March 9, just mention the coupon code "MARCH10" at the register when you check out.
    Awesome! I will try and check that place out, as well as the others. Thanks!
    Just an update to my Tampa trip.

I did travel up to Ybor city for a short visit, and it was great! Lots of cigar bars and shops. I found a place.called Lomg Ash cigars who rolls their own cigars in shop and will let you know how they are. Good selction of sizes and wrappers. I picked up a few lanceros and coronas, and a great looking candela robusto.

I alsp checked out King Corona's, a cigar and coffee place. Good selection of brands with good prices. I picked up a few brick house.

I wish I could've made it to el sol and also A. Fuente has a factory direct shop called Tampa Sweethearts or somehing. Maybe next time!

Tampa is a fun visit and Ybor is a very cool place to see. So many cigars! I will post a review of the local gars (long ash cigars). Thanks for the recommendations guys.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Edward's is my personal fav.....Tampa Humidor isnt bad either. Ia gree with Macro, while it seems like a blast, nothing good happens in Ybor after night. Overpriced beers, ugly broads, chicks with di*ks, average food------and the more than occasional mugging.
    Vulchor:
    Edward's is my personal fav.....Tampa Humidor isnt bad either. Ia gree with Macro, while it seems like a blast, nothing good happens in Ybor after night. Overpriced beers, ugly broads, chicks with di*ks, average food------and the more than occasional mugging.
    Yeah, Unfortunately I couldn't get to Tampa Humidor. It looked very nice.

I can see ybor getting very bad very quick after dark. Of course, the same goes for downtown Tampa too. I saw many cops out when I came in from the airport at 1:00am