Home Non Cigar Related

Sim City

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
With Sim city coming out this Tuesday, anyone here planning on getting it?

Comments

• TeegeTeege Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 660
    It looks awesome!
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Nope. Too much variation from the original concept for my taste.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Yes I just spent the last 4hrs playing it until they decided to patch a server in the middle of the damn day and I lost my entire game. Idiots.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    ? You got on! wow. I tried last night for a bit, finally able to start but everything was locked out, so I couldn't do anything. EA screwed this launch. Though making no offline mode was stupid.
  • Big T smokesBig T smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 211
    Always on DRM = never going to buy. It's stupid because pirates are going to steal the game anyway, it just sets them back a bit. All it does is cause a hassle to the people who want to pay for and support your game. They're dumb. Fo real.
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 843
    phobicsquirrel:
    ? You got on! wow. I tried last night for a bit, finally able to start but everything was locked out, so I couldn't do anything. EA screwed this launch. Though making no offline mode was stupid.
    I didn't realize there was no offline mode. Teh game looks pretty good, but I would rather play when I want to not when I can get into the server. No thanks.
    A good video on this crap. BTW EA Sucks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2NTxSyb_uQ

EA is/has ruined games. SimCity is just another example in a long road.
    phobicsquirrel:
    A good video on this crap. BTW EA Sucks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2NTxSyb_uQ

EA is/has ruined games. SimCity is just another example in a long road.
    Pretty much, yeah. I wanted to say as much when I first saw this thread, but I didn't want to look like a nut. I don't buy games made by EA anymore. Mass Effect 1 was the last one for me.
    I'm with you on that, I avoid them as much as I can. though crysis and sim city I do really enjoy so I have too. I am amazed at how the media has put the smack down on EA. Most of the game and tech sites have blasted them for their F up. I just want to play the damn thing. I hope by sunday it will be fixed.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    I got it, not impressed so far excluding the server problems. I hate the online-only part. I've hated EA for a while. If it is an EA studio they usually ruin the game, but if it is a EA owned subsidiary like DICE or Visceral then the games are still good, but use the EA money guidelines. Battlefield 3 is a great game and DICE has been great Mass Effect 1-3 were great (despite the botched ending in 3), all the sports games are the same thing every year, NFS has gone downhill since most wanted and the sims is a damn constant income. These are the main games I've played..EA ruins games... Profit over consumers for them.

It was also brought to my attention Diablo III and Blizzard suffered this same problem. If so, then good job EA for learning from competitors. Croikey!
    scarlin:
    It was also brought to my attention Diablo III and Blizzard suffered this same problem. If so, then good job EA for learning from competitors. Croikey!
    Ubisoft had their DRM issues as well. Everyone thinks they can do it better, but then they fail. At least at first they do, but then by the time they get it working it's too late. I hope reviewers review this one as it is now, not a month from now.

As a side note, and not unrelated, Steam has Tropico 4 and all of it's DLCs for sale right now, 10 bucks. That's a crazy good price for what is, in my opinion, a superior game.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    Russ55:
    scarlin:
    Ubisoft had their DRM issues as well. Everyone thinks they can do it better, but then they fail. At least at first they do, but then by the time they get it working it's too late. I hope reviewers review this one as it is now, not a month from now.

As a side note, and not unrelated, Steam has Tropico 4 and all of it's DLCs for sale right now, 10 bucks. That's a crazy good price for what is, in my opinion, a superior game.
    I've had tropico 1-4 for a while. Great series. I wish this new sim city was like 4 where you micromanage everything with added features, not taken away. Also the maps a 2kmx2km which is half of that in 4..