Home General Discussion

What should I do.

nickiamnickiam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 603
Im getting pretty close to 500 posts. I'm now taking ideas for what I should do to commemorate my 500th post.

Comments

• VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    A collection for our troops over seas?
  • nickiamnickiam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 603
    I am currently a troop overseas, so would it be a collection for myself...haha.

thats not a bad idea though. there are a lot of people that could use some cigar education and i like sharing.
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    I still owe you for your bombing of me.... I'm down for what ever
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Hi Nick!! How about a pass when you get back stateside? That would be cool.

And no need to read any further in this post
    K thanks!!! :-D

Vision:
    A collection for our troops over seas?
    (I'm one step ahead of you bro, Keep an eye on T/B/P thread, will post details on Monday. )
  • RoosterTXRoosterTX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 16
    nickiam:
    Im getting pretty close to 500 posts. I'm now taking ideas for what I should do to commemorate my 500th post.
    I recommend smoking a cigar.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    You need to A) Herf with me and Steve B) Do a DAMN tequila shot!!
    Bigshizza:
    You need to A) Herf with me and Steve B) Do a DAMN tequila shot!!

Once it warms up here...in about a month or so, we should try to do a video herf. As for the tequila....General Order #1 while deployed is....no alchohol...haha.
    This post makes 496....im getting itchy all over and am considering massive amounts of carnage to celebrate the 500th....any ideas now?
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    smoke somehting absolutely delicious and reflect back on posts 1 - 500
    jliu:

It will be tomorrow night, and it will be a Tatuaje Black Tubo, per Glock...i'm smoking it for him too.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    nickiam:
    jliu:

It will be tomorrow night, and it will be a Tatuaje Black Tubo, per Glock...i'm smoking it for him too.
    Awesome choice Nick, had one of those myself a while back and they are superb as is the story behind them on their creation! But most importantly, thank you for your service so that we may be able to post here in English and smoke damn fine cigars my respected friend ;)
    90+ Irishman:
    nickiam:
    jliu:

Awesome choice Nick, had one of those myself a while back and they are superb as is the story behind them on their creation! But most importantly, thank you for your service so that we may be able to post here in English and smoke damn fine cigars my respected friend ;)

what story are you talking about. i read that pete johnson made them for events only, but there was such a demand he put them into production. Did you read something different?

Thank you for thanking me for serving. I appreciate it everytime someone says something.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    nickiam:
    90+ Irishman:
    nickiam:
    jliu:

what story are you talking about. i read that pete johnson made them for events only, but there was such a demand he put them into production. Did you read something different?

Thank you for thanking me for serving. I appreciate it everytime someone says something.
    There is nothing to thank, it's us who should be doing that for you and your fellow servicemen and women :)

As for the story I was referring to, I forget where I read it since it was some time ago. I've got it referenced and typed up in the review I did on it, but suffice it to say that it is modeled and rolled after a series of cigars that Pete had when he was on a trip to Nicaragua years ago. He stayed in a small shack so to speak and each morning one of the torcedores would ride past his place and he started talking with him. He would always be given a few torpedoes, rather toothy and a touch rough like the black label Tubo's, from the torcedores front pocket that he had rolled for himself at his house each night. Pete was so impressed that he ended up making the Verocu Tubo to mimick it. Like I said that is simply the story that I am aware of, but until I look back thorough I couldn't site my source.
    90+ Irishman:
    nickiam:
    90+ Irishman:
    nickiam:
    jliu:

There is nothing to thank, it's us who should be doing that for you and your fellow servicemen and women :)

As for the story I was referring to, I forget where I read it since it was some time ago. I've got it referenced and typed up in the review I did on it, but suffice it to say that it is modeled and rolled after a series of cigars that Pete had when he was on a trip to Nicaragua years ago. He stayed in a small shack so to speak and each morning one of the torcedores would ride past his place and he started talking with him. He would always be given a few torpedoes, rather toothy and a touch rough like the black label Tubo's, from the torcedores front pocket that he had rolled for himself at his house each night. Pete was so impressed that he ended up making the Verocu Tubo to mimick it. Like I said that is simply the story that I am aware of, but until I look back thorough I couldn't site my source.

a very cool story, definitely better than the being made for events story. I've always wanted to visit central america, but now that i love cigars it makes me want to go even worse.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    nickiam:
    90+ Irishman:
    nickiam:
    jliu:

Congrats on the big 500 Nick.