Home General Discussion

Just saying Hi

EaglemanEagleman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3
Hi folks,

Just a few lines to introduce myself. I'm English, in London (don't take any notice of the profile - Jeff told me to "fiddle it"!) and 60 years of age going on 61. I have been a smoker since aged 13 thereabouts although didn't start inhaling until 15 (cigarettes). I have fairly had substantial spells as a pipe smoker over the years in which I settled on a rich Virginia flake as my favourite (please forgive my English spelling!) pipe smoke.

Of course, over the years, I have smoked a good few cigars but never really considered myself a "cigar smoker". I am now trying to get much more into cigars and cut right down on the fags. At least with cigars I'm not inhaling anything like the same.

I've placed my first order with Cigar.com and it arrived today. An "in house" sampler set, a box of the Brazilian in-house Churchills and a sampler set of "Man O' War." I've already puffed away the Brazilian and Purple label "Robusto" samplers! Brazilian I really enjoyed - Purple was ok but a bit mild for me.

I love the "proper" Cubans like Partagas (my favourite) but, to tell the truth, all mainline Cubans are pretty too damn expensive for me (especially over here in England) and I tend to go for cheaper. As a general rule I am a big fan of Maduro cigars. I like the taste, the strength and the buzz. But most of you guys will have forgotten more than I ever knew about cigars so go easy on me!

The user name is the same as I use on several British gun sites (I am a shooter) and it is a self-referential joke back to the days (pre-cataract operations) when my eyes were bad.

Cheers
Alan

Comments