Home General Discussion

liga privada uf 13 dark

jeep edsonjeep edson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 826
anyone looking forward to this release and has anyone been doing a presale of these yet. seems to have gotten a good rating on halfwheel so may have to grab a box if i can of course.

Comments

• TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
    I'd get some if I found some. But won't pay crazy prices
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    Is there a difference between the UF13 and the dark? I've never heard of the dark.
    As for the UF13, I picked up 2 fivers from CCOM a while back.
    Nice flavors and complexity, but there was something (for lack of a better word) weird about a flavor that popped in every now and then. Kinda like a pine-nutty flavor.
  • jeep edsonjeep edson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 826
    thanks for the input guys. i think the msrp is suppose to be 13 bucks.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    I think it was a little less than that through CCOM. Not much less though.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Steve2010:
    Is there a difference between the UF13 and the dark? I've never heard of the dark.
    As for the UF13, I picked up 2 fivers from CCOM a while back.
    Nice flavors and complexity, but there was something (for lack of a better word) weird about a flavor that popped in every now and then. Kinda like a pine-nutty flavor.
    No, they're the same thing. According to this Halfwheel article:
    "While the cigar itself hasn’t changed since that article, the name now reads, “UF-13 Dark”—a moniker Drew Estate CEO Steve Saka noted he liked last year while commenting on halfwheel’s article. The reason behind this is an ode to the specific “high Broadleaf Mediums” used for the cigar.

The UF-13 is a three-year project for Drew Estate that has seen numerous iterations, vitolas and names, although Saka has noted that the prerelease versions for the last two years have been the same blend as the production UF-13 Dark, which features the aforementioned Connecticut-sourced wrapper, a Brazilian Mata Fina binder and Honduran and Nicaraguan fillers."