Home General Discussion

Some of the best words to read, ever, are...

MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
"Out for delivery."

Got an "Untouchable Ten" sampler for a great price on the Sprint on Monday. I was hoping it would arrive by the weekend, but you just never know. Last night, tracking only showed it as having departed PA. It had been that way for 24 hours, so I was thinking they lost it or something. Nope, this must have just hopped on a truck straight to Memphis, because it is out for delivery today. It shows that it arrived at the local sort facility yesterday, but it didn't show that at 9PM last night.

I don't know if I will be able to let some of these rest...self-control, self-control. I'll give it a week or two at least, but which one to smoke first?

Collection includes 10 cigars, one each of ‘95' rated Rocky Patel Decade, Cohiba Puro Dominicana, LHC Core, ‘94' rated Padilla Miami, Punch Uppercut, ‘92' rated Cohiba Red Dot, Gurkha Crest, LGC Serie N, MOW Armada, & ‘90' rated Partagas Black.

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Sometimes they aren't very good at updating the tracking. Enjoy those smokes nice selection.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    I enjoyed sniffing them as I put them in the humi. My wife went to look at them and proclaimed the MOW "huge" and one of the other ones "pretty," but I couldn't see which it was. Now, patience is a virtue and I must wait to smoke them...I still need help deciding which to have first.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    The Armada IS huge. 2-3 hrs from what I've heard, I've never tried one because I've never been certain I'd have that kind of time or the stomach for it. Maybe the secondary band of the Uppercut was "pretty"?
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    no need to wait.i usually grab one rott.got my package a couple dys ago smoked a carlos toranos as soon as i opened the box.so just go for it..
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Yeah, I got these straight from the mail guy, and the weather wasn't too bad. The cigars were cold to the touch, but not too bad. The last delivery I got, they were basically frozen after sitting outside my door for hours. I just want them to be stable; honestly, I think they're probably good to go now.

I'll check with my wife on what was pretty.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    i think quite a few guys around here toss their sticks in the freezer rott to ward off beetles. I think the frozen stick isnt much of a worry. I worry more about the summer packages.