Home General Discussion

Why this forum?

2»

Comments

• JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    One day decided to try a cigar googled and found cigar.com ordered a few cigars, saw there was a forum and joined. Its been downhill ever since. This is a great forum, great people. Glad i joined. I am also a member of one other forum. Its not like this but its not bad i dont post over there other then in the what you smoking today thread and the ISO (its where i find alot of harder to find cigars).
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    I just got lucky. I had purchased some cigars on line from another place. They sucked (guess who that was). I then found C.COM. I then found C.COM's Forums (because I was interested in learning more about the Hobby). I've been on Forums for things other than cigars. I immediately found this Forum to be special (the people on it). The rest is history.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    I first posted back in may of 2012 after having a bad experince with a cigar. Everyone was super helpful of course, but I remember telling my buddy, "these guys are crazy, they send eachother cigars for nothing."

Being new to the forum thing i'd get on when I had questions, get right back off. didnt want to get mixed up in any of that bombing stuff. After about a year, I had 2 - 30 count humis and 1 - 70 count. I figured i was in it for the long haul. Took the plunge and posted my second "first post" about 3 months back. Sleeve Plz made sure I was properly introduced to the club. (not that MVW67 didnt try). I havent been off the forum for more then a week straight since then.

You guys are awesome and full of knowlege. Hopefully some day I will be helping little newblets like me.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Bigshizza:
    I was researching cigars for my brothers birthday while laid up in bed with a bulging disc. I bought from a few different sites basically blindly or by some random review. When packages showed up, I remembered how fun it was smoking a cigar with my brother earlier. I decided to keep something for myself which didn't please the wife. She wanted to know how I'd feel if she just started smoking one day. I told her it would crack me up, didn't go over well. So, I googled "wives and cigar smoking" the thread came up from here about how does your significant other feel about cigars. I read the whole thing and some to her!! Fast forward to yesterday, my birthday. She says let's go check out the cigar shop downtown before dinner. I said heck yes, then I picked out about $70.00 worth of sticks and she said to enjoy them!! Holy Crappola...in less than a year! Love this place and the people!! Great friends forever!!
    Awesome freakin' story Jim!!!!!
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    My first order came from Cigar.com and I have used online communities for quite a while since i am in technology. i noticed that the site has a MB part of it and registered. After registering i was welcomed and all my questions answered.......i felt welcome. (then the bombs started, but that's a whole other thing) After starting here, i ventured out to a few other boards and i have to say that the same welcoming and helpful feeling that is here is not echoed in other places. To be honest i found a bunch of ass holes that really turned me off of their sites. I doubt that i will be posting there at all in the future. so I will no longer have a wandering eye.....except for leaf and flame and that is more because their site design is just really awesome and has a real chance to be a cool place if they get quality people there that don't take themselves as seriously as the users do on other sites.
  • puffmasterpuffmaster Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 252
    Recruited by the Michigan Malitia!!! Ask another question.... go head ... ask! lol
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i was a member of this forum before this forum existed. i was a member of the old AmBack forum that cigar.com partnered with before this forum came to life.

when this one went live i was all over it.

one of the big reasons why i stay here is Alex. he has helped me learn about cigars and helped me find my way when i was a new guy to the scene. good ownership comes through.
    i am here for the good people, the good company, the good company (cigar.com) and of pure respect to Alex, the beard, Andy D, and all the good people involved.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Was shopping at CCOM, clicked on that little "Community" button at the bottom of the main page one time just to check it out ....

But then, after a couple minutes browsing, HOLY CRAP!!! These guys know so much!!! The world of cigars is so bigger than I imagined, better stick around and learn .... so lurked for quite a while, reading, soaking up the knowledge.

Then one of my first posts was an obscure question (or so I thought) but these guys came through with some great answers .... kept learning & reading.
    Then got tricked into giving out my address, roped into the fun of bombs/trades/passes and the rest is history.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    I just came here for the beer and then someone bolted the door shut. Wait...where am I?
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Ken Light:
    I just came here for the beer and then someone bolted the door shut. Wait...where am I?
    Just dance...
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Beside the knowledge provided, the products obtained and discovered here, I have also become attached to the many members through their stories and real life situations.
    It's like a real life soap opera, I never met any of you in person and yet I want to know what your all up to every day.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    saw an advertisement in a local mag for this place.was there beginner package humidor 20 cigars and some other stuff for agreat price.i had just started getting interested in real cigars(smoked machine mades for a while)went to the web sight to order saw this section and figured i woulsd check it out.kinda just lurked for awhile read alot.was a little afraid to get involved at first,im normaly quiet and a bit on the shy side.i started asking alot of noob questions and was welcomed with open arms from the brotherhood.now i find myself checking daily just see whats goin on.brothers are freindly informative funny and a little wierd.but it works lol
  • RianRian Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 30
    For me CCOM forums are kind of like a small town - everyone is polite and respectful. I read a lot more than I post but 9 out of 10 questions I have are already answered lol. It's just a joy to be around a great group of guys.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Because everyone here is in agreement that all of us are respectable humans, but are worthy of total ridicule from time to time.
  • ehehatehehat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    I was on a straight razor forum (been doing it about 2 years) and have always wanted to get into cigars so I went to the cigar sub forum. Found raisindot who told me about this place and its never been the same. I stay because of you people! I have never, NEVER seen such an amazing group of people in my life. People that are so giving; advice, acceptance, and otherwise, as I've found here. I still think you have no idea how incredible you guys are! This sense of brotherhood and generosity just doesn't exist in cyberspace. Great, now I'm getting all verklpemt again!
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Because of the brotherhood here, I don't know how other forums are, but this place and it's members care about one another and pick each other up when they are down . I don't care how other forums are, this is the place to be. Home
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    Copy and Paste the getting into cigars and lurked reading portion of the threads that are all common. I read more and am slowly building my collection, but reading review here and trying a couple a week from my B&M. But even before I joined (not too long ago... like within the last week) I could see and feel the sense of coummunity.