Home General Discussion

opus x 2012

taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
Im at a b&m right now and thye have some opus x #2's that they got in in dec, ive read somewhere that either the 11's or 12'sa arent as good. Im looking to pick one up for when i graduate college in a few years, would this be a good pickup?

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    taythegibs:
    Im at a b&m right now and thye have some opus x #2's that they got in in dec, ive read somewhere that either the 11's or 12'sa arent as good. Im looking to pick one up for when i graduate college in a few years, would this be a good pickup?
    I would say so. Rule of thumb with them is that Opus need 12+ months to really come into their own so picking one up now I'd say you are safe
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    The guy at the b&m isnt being much help, he is just trying to push tourist sticks on me... like $30 gurkhas. Anybody have an opinion either way?
    ENFIDL:
    taythegibs:
    I would say so. Rule of thumb with them is that Opus need 12+ months to really come into their own so picking one up now I'd say you are safe
    Thanks, it just makes me nervous making such a big investment on one cigar when i usually buy sub $5 sticks. But it'd be cool to have my first opus come from the shop that started me on cigars.
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    taythegibs:
    The guy at the b&m isnt being much help, he is just trying to push tourist sticks on me... like $30 gurkhas. Anybody have an opinion either way?
    ////I'd say dont buy any $30 Ghurks, they wont likely get any better with time....best let the tourists buy them. As for the Opus, not had the pleasure..but many on ccom will help with that, i just saved you from the Ghurks :)
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Smoke 1 or 2 Opus now but let the rest sit for a year. As far as yearly releases, the new Anejos are awesome. Much better than the last few years, IMO. And they don't need the aging.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    bearb:
    taythegibs:
    ////I'd say dont buy any $30 Ghurks, they wont likely get any better with time....best let the tourists buy them. As for the Opus, not had the pleasure..but many on ccom will help with that, i just saved you from the Ghurks :)
    Never had an opus eh? Whats that all aboot? If you come we will have opus.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    jliu:
    bearb:
    taythegibs:
    Barry, we can help that!:-)
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    bearb:
    taythegibs:
    I was only trying, repeat "trying" to b funny, and to prevent good money from being spent on the Ghurks...cause i dont think most of them will get any better with another year on them. ....and now you know why i dont post as much as some, seems opening my mouth gets me into trouble, so to speak. No further actions required...especially from either of you 'little monsters'..you both have done enuf!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    The 2012 is somewhat odd IMO if the wrapper is somewhat dark it is a good one! They actually ended up surprisingly smooth and somewhat mellowed compared to some I have had. But look at all the wrappers if you can and choose the darkest closer to rosado
    bearb:
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    bearb:
    taythegibs:
    I was only trying, repeat "trying" to b funny, and to prevent good money from being spent on the Ghurks...cause i dont think most of them will get any better with another year on them. ....and now you know why i dont post as much as some, seems opening my mouth gets me into trouble, so to speak. No further actions required...especially from either of you 'little monsters'..you both have done enuf!
    no way id spend anywhere near that on a gurkha, they were more expensive than the opus; im just contemplating my first real "premium" purchase.